- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Sales Manager
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Außendienstmitarbeiter Substraten
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
Californian Grape season promotions expanded due to late season
The late season period sees large volumes of California grapes exported and October through December is typically when the largest volumes of California grapes of all three colors (green, red and black) are in retail stores in foreign markets. Last season, California grapes shipped after October 1, 2012 represented 35 percent of total exports for the entire season, which is May through January each year.
To meet the late season export demand, there are plentiful supplies of green, red and black California grapes. Shipments in 2013 are running slightly ahead of last year’s timing, plus a larger crop is projected this year than last. In 2012, from a total crop of 100.3 million 19-pound box equivalents, a total of 22.3 million 19-pound box equivalents was shipped after November 1 with 21 percent of that total being green varieties, 70 percent red varieties and 9 percent black varieties. A similar ratio of color availability is expected this season.
For more information:
Grapes from California
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-25 Watermelons still quite expensive in Australia
- 2023-09-25 Russia remains the number one importer of peaches in the world
- 2023-09-25 “We see growth potential in China's further inland cities”
- 2023-09-25 "Due to the violent change in weather conditions, we have losses of about 60%"
- 2023-09-25 "Fewer Spanish and Greek grapes benefit sales"
- 2023-09-25 Australian grape consumers' acceptability up across 2023
- 2023-09-25 UK supports Zimbabwean horti exports like blueberries and peas
- 2023-09-25 The distribution of strawberry plants in the Mediterranean basin has started
- 2023-09-25 Despite a dip in exports, table grapes' popularity remains on the rise
- 2023-09-25 The export of Ukrainian Red Delicious apples could increase
- 2023-09-22 Official data shows 60% of Vermont apple crop survived severe weather
- 2023-09-22 Payzawat county plum growers enjoy success, shipping goods to Malaysia
- 2023-09-22 July 2023 saw drop in US fruit and berry imports
- 2023-09-22 Quarantine pests found in melon and tomato shipments from Uzbekistan in the Orenburg region
- 2023-09-22 Higher altitudes keep Turkish apples safe from heatwave
- 2023-09-22 "Sustaining a share in Asian markets is difficult"
- 2023-09-22 "With the new apple production season, the demand for small fruits is growing."
- 2023-09-22 Chilean cherry blossom function heralds imminent start of 2023/24 season
- 2023-09-22 Peaches no longer top Georgia's crop
- 2023-09-22 Washington state growers are trying out new pear varieties