- VP Growing Operations
- Export Trade Manager
- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Sales Manager
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Außendienstmitarbeiter Substraten
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
GreenVale Farm Fresh Potatoes wins award at Grocer New Product Awards 2013
GreenVale Farm Fresh, launched in February last year, achieved an outstanding overall score of 47 out of 50 having been judged by a sample of consumers based around the country and then by an expert panel.
Leon Mundey, Head of Marketing for Greenvale, said: “We are delighted that GreenVale Farm Fresh has won a Grocer New Products Award. We have always been confident that it is an excellent product but to have scored so highly in the judging and to have received such positive feedback from both consumers and industry experts alike is extremely rewarding.”
GreenVale Farm Fresh is sold in unique paper sacks which went down well with the judges as did the quality and taste of the potatoes which are the Jelly variety, grown exclusively for Greenvale.
Group Interviewers reported the potatoes were clean and easy to peel and the produce was firm to touch before cooking, but after boiling was ‘soft’, ‘fluffy’ and ‘not at all powdery’. The flavour was sufficiently natural and earthy to be like home grown, and most concluded these were ‘top quality potatoes’. Scores were high throughout the sample, and 18-34 year olds were so impressed they awarded the ultimate Overall Score of 50. A simple concept but one that 69% judged better than other bagged potato variants on the market.”
For more information about GreenVale Farm Fresh, please visit, www.greenvalefarmfresh.co.uk.
For more information:
Tel: +44 020 8892 5665
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-10-02 “We will continue to innovate, no matter what happens in the potato market”
- 2023-10-02 Establishing financially sustainable local seed supply systems in Ethiopia
- 2023-10-02 NEPC distributes inputs to accelerate Plateau potato production
- 2023-10-02 Cooperative launched to reduce waste and maximise value of ware potatoes
- 2023-10-02 "After a year plus of high onion prices, we mustn't lose sight of our competitive position"
- 2023-10-02 Central Highlands sweet potato farmers see prices double
- 2023-10-02 Study focuses on identification of Phytophthora infestans causing potato late blight in Yemen
- 2023-09-29 Malaysia is striving for self-sufficiency in onion production
- 2023-09-29 Maharashtra govt steps up onion sales on e-NAM
- 2023-09-29 US sweet potato imports dependent on Egyptian supply
- 2023-09-28 P.E.I. potato farmers fear summer rain might impact harvest
- 2023-09-28 Irish domestic consumption and retail sales remain stable
- 2023-09-28 "Demand for Oregon organic onions very much steady"
- 2023-09-28 Value of all potatoes sold in 2022 in Idaho, Oregon and Washington at 2.53 billion
- 2023-09-28 Ontario potato harvest underway amid favorable weather conditions
- 2023-09-28 Crisis surrounding Maharashtra onion traders unresolved