- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Sales Manager
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Außendienstmitarbeiter Substraten
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
UK: Potato advertising push gets underway
Targeted to reach some 60% of the UK’s female shoppers with children, advertorials will appear in key lifestyle titles, such as Heat, Closer and Hello! as well as food oriented magazines including BBC Good Food, Olive and Weight Watchers from 30 September to 20 October. This is supported by banner advertising across high traffic website sites and content-driven platforms such as Taboola, Ad2One and Facebook.
Activity will be intensified for the duration of Potato Week, with daily recipe endorsement from celebrity chef Jo Pratt, helping to increase traffic to www.lovepotatoes.co.uk.
Potato Council marketing manager, Kate Cox, said: “The autumn is a crucial time for potato consumption and the crux of our campaign – which is timed to coincide with main crop harvesting – is to encourage shoppers to trade up to popular named varieties. In doing so, we aim to promote increased consistency and enjoyment of potato-meals eaten in the home and encourage shoppers to see that they are worth paying a little more for. This in turn, will drive value growth of the potato category.
“The activity has been carefully researched to ensure that not only do the adverts and messages resonate with mums, a regular presence in high indexing titles and channels will fully engrain them. This is crucial in order to reach our objectives of achieving a 5% shift in attitudes and see more mums buying named varieties this autumn.”
As well as advertising activity, the autumn campaign will see the introduction of on-pack messaging in selected retailers and both national and regional PR generated awareness.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-22 Traders in Munshiganj have started selling potatoes from cold storage
- 2023-09-22 Maharashtra onion traders continue their strike
- 2023-09-22 Potato Growers of Alberta happy with significant growth indicators
- 2023-09-22 Canary Islands reject governmental plan to import from other parts of the UK
- 2023-09-22 P.E.I. farmers concerned about wet conditions as start of potato harvest
- 2023-09-22 Jamaica sees big boost for Irish potato and onion production
- 2023-09-22 GB Potatoes appoints new CEO
- 2023-09-22 Challenging 2023 season for European seed potatoes
- 2023-09-22 A difficult, but ultimately good season for Jersey Royals
- 2023-09-21 National Bureau of Investigation files complaint against six onion smugglers
- 2023-09-21 Later start for 2023 Wisconsin onion crop
- 2023-09-21 Irish home consumption and retail sales have stabilised as colder, wet weather has returned
- 2023-09-21 Egypt bans onion exports until the end of the year
- 2023-09-21 Potato prices rise by more than 25 percent in Italy
- 2023-09-21 Nashik onion wholesalers go on indefinite strike to protest export duty hike
- 2023-09-21 'Wisconsin onion growers are shipping full steam'
- 2023-09-20 Popularity of potatoes is unwavering in the US
- 2023-09-20 Potato price has dropped by 30 percent in Tanzania
- 2023-09-20 Kenyan potato company plans to use knowledge from Ontario growers
- 2023-09-20 Egyptian onions kicked out of the European market