- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Sales Manager
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Außendienstmitarbeiter Substraten
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
Italy: ILIP presents two new forms of packaging at Macfruit 2013
The B43 is a heat-sealable salad bowl for fresh-cut and ready-to-eat salads, made with 80% recycled PET and it is certified PSV (Plastica Seconda Vita, Second Life Plastic), a brand that is immediately recognizable and certifies that recycled plastic has been used. It is also an additional guarantee of suitability for food contact. The use of recycled PET, when compared with virgin PET, is remarkably beneficial from the environmental point of view: it results in lower emission of greenhouse gases and in less energy used. Available in different heights, ranging from 48 to 113 mm, the B43 salad bowl has the same diameter as those currently available in the market and made of other materials. This means that the same heat-sealing tools can be used for the packaging process.
The new range for “paraguayos” peaches consists of three lines of products: a punnet /lid (B44) and a clamshell (SETB44), both made of r-PET, and a full range of fruit nest trays, to fit the crates 30x40, 29x49 and 40x60. The B44 punnet/ lid offers an additional new feature: thanks to its symmetrical four-button closing system, the package can be used as a lid for itself. A single item makes it possible for clients to create different combinations, from the punnet with lid to a simple punnet for flow-pack packaging. The particular design of the B44 punnet with lid also allows for excellent ventilation on all four sides, reducing condensation and helping optimize the preservation of the packaged fruit. The punnet/lid and the clamshell were designed to enhance the 500 g format of paraguayos peaches, but can also be used with other fruits and vegetables.
“Innovation, environmental sustainability and customer service are the guidelines of our actions”, states Roberto Zanichelli, ILIP's Marketing Manager, “and the new products we will present at Macfrut are proof of this. The use of materials such as r-PET, especially with its PSV certification, is an important added value for our partners, because it allows them to communicate their concrete effort to reduce the emission of greenhouse gases and to improve environmental sustainability”.
“The new B44 punnet with lid for “paraguayos” peaches also offers the additional advantage of a versatile solution that is suitable to all the needs involved in the packaging of this type of product," adds Zanichelli. “Exactly because of the innovative character of this news and of the B43 salad bowl, we have decided to apply to the Macfruit Oscar for innovation, which will take place during the fair”.
ILIP will be at Macfrut from 25th to 27th September, at stand B 328-329 of Cesena Fiera.
For more information:
or Luca Speroni (Press Office c/o Fruitcom)
Tel: +39 059-7863894
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-20 Avocados From Mexico launches PLU stickers
- 2023-09-20 UPM Specialty Papers presents compostable food stickers for fruit and vegetables
- 2023-09-18 German net manufacturer aims high
- 2023-09-18 Sustainable transport packaging crates help European fresh produce provider to meet goals
- 2023-09-14 "Excellent contacts from Oceania and India"
- 2023-09-13 Zero-plastic packaging for avocados unveiled
- 2023-09-13 Brand refresh and new packaging approach for greenhouse vegetables unveiled
- 2023-09-12 "Useless European restrictions on plastic packaging: Asia does not even know what they are"
- 2023-09-11 First sustainably packaged pomelo shipment of the year sent to Europe
- 2023-09-11 Ecocool Managing Director Dr. Siedenburg: "Let us look at packaging in a more differentiated way"
- 2023-09-08 Eco-friendly packaging for organic potatoes introduced
- 2023-09-08 Australian company pioneers sustainable solutions for the food industry
- 2023-09-07 Packaging company expands linerless label offering
- 2023-09-07 New 100 percent plastic-free avocado bag launched
- 2023-09-07 Post-harvest operation slashes green kiwifruit packing pricing, provides critical boost to NZ industry
- 2023-09-01 Enforcement of the ban on new single-use plastic items is now in effect
- 2023-09-01 Paper bags to promote loose produce and reduce waste
- 2023-08-30 Slow-release ethylene inhibitor improves shelf life of fresh berries
- 2023-08-29 New sustainable fiber tray for potatoes introduced
- 2023-08-28 An identity card laser-etched onto the skin of the fruit