- Teeltspecialisten Engeland
- Commercial Support Coordinator (32-40 hours)
- Quality Assurance Manager
- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
- Commercial Key Account Manager
- Agriculture Sales engineer France & European zone
- Area Sales Manager Benelux
- Cultivation specialist / Growers for Amerika
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- ‘EU citrus ban due to false codling moth not politically motivated’
- Something sweet out of the bitterness of a citrus season gone awry
- GLOBAL MARKET OVERVIEW GARLIC
- "We have noticed that oranges are losing ground and mandarin consumption is on the rise"
- Consumers are buying more frozen vegetables because they are a healthy cheaper option
Top 5 -last month
- Vegetable trade war between Botswana and South Africa escalates
- Europe puts a lid on organic orange production in South Africa
- Citrus exporter: Appeal to shipping lines met with “an arrogance that astonishes me”
- Faster avocado growing method developed by Israeli researchers
- New potato disease found in North Dakota and Minnesota
Chilean blueberry season comes to successful close
The Chilean Blueberry Committee's closing report says in summary, that it is hard not to fall to cliché and describe the season as "very difficult."
Difficulties cited include times where there were not enough cold hours to stimulate production; too high temperatures affected quality of fruit and rainfall held up the harvest.
Despite these challenges, however, the season was a success and at an expected total export of 86,700 tons overseas trade has surpassed the previous season by 23% and initial expectations by 9%.
Export will continue for the next few weeks, but not in significant volumes. This week, for example, around 60 tons will be shipped. All activity is expected to be finished by the second half of April.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-09-30 AM FRESH Group acquires a controlling interest of FRESH FRUIT-X
- 2022-09-30 Sales volume of New Zealand Sonya apples doubled
- 2022-09-30 "No prunes this year due to high gas prices, but there will be almonds and walnuts"
- 2022-09-30 Innovation team looks to expand berry production in Canada
- 2022-09-30 Wisconsin cranberry crop meets a tight market
- 2022-09-30 "We have already shipped the first blueberries from Valparaíso to Busan"
- 2022-09-30 “European market most important for Agricola Famosa and South American region”
- 2022-09-30 Two new 'easy' raspberry varieties
- 2022-09-30 Portuguese fruit growers fear for their yields after months of dry weather
- 2022-09-30 Value of Australian fruit exports to China dropped in 2021/22
- 2022-09-30 Fruit fly detector dogs to be deployed in the Riverland
- 2022-09-30 Highest value for blueberries was reached on March 19, 2022
- 2022-09-30 First shipments of Peru’s blueberries reach new markets of Israel and Jordan
- 2022-09-30 China's fresh apple import and export unit prices are rising year by year
- 2022-09-30 The sales of fruit gift boxes increased significantly before the holiday
- 2022-09-30 Transportation hassles are endangering Kashmir apple industry
- 2022-09-30 Polish growers unhappy with current raspberry season
- 2022-09-30 University of Maine helps combat fruit fly that threatens state’s berry crops
- 2022-09-29 Last of this season's Scottish cherries being packed
- 2022-09-29 APHIS revises requirements for importing fresh sand pear fruit from South Korea