- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Growing potatoes 'in thin air' could increase profits up to 20 percent
- More early South African grapes kept locally
- Early stonefruit, perhaps early grapes as well
- “You don’t only have to be knowledgeable about the crop, but you also have to know how to work with others"
- Dutoit opens new Cherry Time™ packhouse with a ‘cherrific’ crop
Top 5 -last month
Pilipino Banana Grhttp://www.freshplaza.com/admin/images/post_button_image.gifowers and Exporters Association:
Philippines: Banana association in Medical OutReach Expansion Program
The beneficiaries crowded the AOF covered court in Panabo City where consultations, tooth extraction, eye examination, distribution of reading glasses, medicines and supplements were done by company retainers, government doctors from the Panabo city health center, the Eastern Mindanao Command and 10th Infantry Division of the Philippine Army as well as private volunteers.
Other major partners include the TUCP Party List, 911 Movement Save Our Sagingan (SOS) and the Kiwanis Club of Panabo.
MORE is one of the innovations initiated by the Banana Export Industry Foundation, Inc. (BEIF), the corporate social responsibility (CSR) arm of PBGEA, and is aimed at upgrading the delivery of free health services in banana communities. It is a major component of the Sagip Kalusugan program.
The CSR projects implemented by BEIF through the community development officers of its members are all intended to institute support mechanisms in the community to achieve inclusive growth in banana production and trading. Aside from health development interventions through Sagip Kalusugan, the other components focus on environmental protection (Sagip Kalikasan), educational assistance (Sagip Karunungan), generation of livelihood opportunities (Sagip Pangkabuhayan), disaster mitigation and relief assistance (Sagip Pamayanan), and infrastructure support.
Over the years, the PBGEA has championed for the concerns of the industry while the BEIF delivered the gains through socio-economic interventions in areas where member-companies are operating spread out in 15 provinces in Southern Philippines.
Last Thursday’s medical mission culminated the celebration of the 36th founding anniversary of the PBGEA as an umbrella organization of banana-exporting companies in the Philippines.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-23 Jamaica Producers veteran Marshall Hall has died
- 2022-11-18 Seasonal workers urged to sign NFU letter to the Immigration Minister
- 2022-11-14 World Bank plans insurance help for Central American farmers
- 2022-11-11 How rising energy prices, fluctuating exchange rate affects Dutch cultivation and trade, plus several other developments
- 2022-11-10 NZ: Stink bugs at the border
- 2022-11-10 Large increase of brown marmorated stink bugs poses serious threat to Oregon crops
- 2022-11-10 Freshfel Europe calls to introduce international SPS standards
- 2022-11-08 Labor arbitrage, fruit and vegetable imports, and supply chain resiliency
- 2022-11-07 Minister Enoch Godongwana responds to media reports regarding Eskom remarks
- 2022-11-02 Change at the helm of APM Terminals Nordics
- 2022-11-02 Freshfel Environmental Footprint Initiative embarks on shadow PEFCR for fruit & vegetables
- 2022-11-01 World Potato Congress board of directors congratulates Xiaoping Lu
- 2022-10-20 Labor exploitation investigation prompts launch of 'fairer temp agency'
- 2022-10-18 Freshfel Europe calls for action against soaring energy prices and its impact on fresh produce
- 2022-10-18 Growers angry over new overtime regulations
- 2022-10-17 Sustaining local communities in Honduras with an off-season corn-planting program
- 2022-10-14 Blue Diamond Growers President and CEO Mark Jansen announces plans to step down
- 2022-10-13 Spanish Government approves a legislative package for the implementation of the CAP in the fruit and vegetable sector
- 2022-10-13 The World Potato Congress Inc. welcomes its new executive director
- 2022-10-06 Collaborations and economic opportunities between Italy and Tanzania