- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Rainy run-up to the South African litchi harvest aids sizing
- Medicinal mushrooms the next big trend?
- "A month later, we've had to replant up to 27% of the strawberry plants"
- Freak hailstorm in Chile touches cherry, table grape and blueberry farms
- Western Australia’s pome industry said goodbye to two legends this month
Top 5 -last month
Peru: CEPIBO bananas popular with Europeans
“We have been doing business with the CEPIBO group for three years now,” says Fyffes spokesperson Roger Crudge, “and we are planning to increase our procurements there, maybe up to 18 containers a week. We in turn ship them to UK and other countries in the EU, where the demand is high.”
Crudge and other Fyffes officials met with CEPIBO members recently, discussing the possibilities of a continued partnership. “What we want most is to keep up the quality of this extraordinary banana, and to enter a collaboration that is mutually beneficent.” The European visitors were said to be impressed with the Peruvian production line.
Wilmer Juárez, manager of CEPIBO, added that Fyffes representatives were introduced to the inner workings of an organisation that tries to uphold its collaborative structure of participating family businesses.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-25 Politician files Bill intent on revitalizing and strengthening banana industry
- 2022-11-24 Banana consumption in Uzbekistan is increasing fast
- 2022-11-24 Growers are focusing on boosting banana production
- 2022-11-23 Russia-Latin America shipping negotiations focus on banana supplies
- 2022-11-22 Researchers discover a repellent compound against the banana black weevil
- 2022-11-22 Bananas from Belize sold for £0.88 in UK
- 2022-11-22 China's October banana imports are down 13.91% month-on-month
- 2022-11-21 Banana of Guadeloupe & Martinique: new collective packing stations
- 2022-11-21 Uzbekistan extends zero rates on banana and citrus imports
- 2022-11-18 "Recovering the market share lost to imported bananas will only be possible with lower prices"
- 2022-11-18 "Far fewer bananas to arrive in Europe"
- 2022-11-16 Tanzanian banana farmers receive higher market prices
- 2022-11-16 St Lucia begins shipping bananas to Trinidad after UK suspends trade
- 2022-11-15 St Lucia growers react to suspension of banana exports to the UK
- 2022-11-15 Kenya: Banana growers left in limbo after processing plant delays
- 2022-11-15 EU weighted average price of bananas produced within Europe at €143 per 100 kgs in week 43
- 2022-11-15 UK average banana prices week 45
- 2022-11-10 Germany seizes cocaine valued at $44.3M in Ecuadorian banana shipment
- 2022-11-08 Cameroon's banana exports increased by 2.25% in October 2022
- 2022-11-08 Strong partnerships, deep customer understanding, and challenging the status quo builds great solutions