- International Account Manager
- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
- Country Manager – Italy
Top 5 -yesterday
- Fresh produce chain hit by Lakeside Produce’s bankruptcy
- California rains highlight inability to capture enough rainwater
- "Our programmed quality onions have gained us a foothold at European retail suppliers "
- “The Far East and European markets will provide the biggest opportunities”
- Rising temperature complicates the flowering of peppers in Morocco
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Spain: Citrus farmers complain about low orange prices
Nicolás González stresses the importance of good prices for local growers. The most recent campaigns have seen low returns due to bad weather, floods, frost and unseasonably high temperatures, all of which damaged crops. “I fear prices will go down even further this season, hurting the farmers and the sector as a whole.”
González also expressed his belief that the recent trade negotiations on the part of buyers, “left the growers out of the equation.” With these prices, he said, growers can’t grow.
The region experienced a production decline of 20% compared to last year.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-01-26 Saudi Arabia: First phase of planting 49 million fruit and lemon trees has started
- 2023-01-26 Sanifruit's proposal to protect South African citrus fruit from the cold
- 2023-01-26 Venezuela's citrus production has decreased by 65%
- 2023-01-26 Having larger sizes available opened new doors for Turkish citrus
- 2023-01-26 “The Far East and European markets will provide the biggest opportunities”
- 2023-01-25 "We have the problem of small-sized citrus fruits under control"
- 2023-01-25 "We are working to extend the Primofiori organic campaign and make up for the Verna's decline"
- 2023-01-25 Buddha’s hand closing out California season
- 2023-01-25 South Africans snatch up caviar limes
- 2023-01-23 The first Valley Gold hybrid mandarins are already on the market
- 2023-01-23 "The decline in the lemon harvest contributes to bring balance between supply and demand"
- 2023-01-23 "Smooth citrus sales; market eagerly awaiting new Tango leaf mandarins"
- 2023-01-23 "We are encountering a nice market, both from a procurement and a distribution point of view"
- 2023-01-23 When innovation meets sport and supports South African fruit production
- 2023-01-20 Fixed price for clementines throughout the campaign
- 2023-01-20 "These days, you have to juggle varieties to make it through the season"
- 2023-01-20 "The speed with which orange and mandarin prices increase in the field is not transmitted to the market"
- 2023-01-20 The Valencian Community presents a plan for the prevention, defense, and fight against HLB disease
- 2023-01-20 Rong'an kumquats are in short supply, price stabilizes after a sharp rise
- 2023-01-20 Shorter freeze duration leaves Florida citrus growers optimistic