- UK & IRL Avocado Trader
- Managing Director, UK
- Teelt Specialist Potplanten
- Sales Manager Bio / Netherlands
- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
Top 5 -yesterday
- Smallest Washington apple crop in more than 20 years
- Mexico and Peru became top berry producers in just 10 years
- "There is a high demand for large oranges and good quality clementines”
- South African exports feeling the squeeze
- Late Lunar New Year offers opportunity to expose brand to a lot of potential new customers
Top 5 -last week
- “I don’t know how blueberry farmers are going to survive”
- South African orange shipment reveals R75 million worth of cocaine
- Shelf-life extension technology reduces brown stems in grapes
- “Laser micro-perforated bags extend bananas' shelf life by three weeks”
- Blueberries will be the main focus at the next Macfrut
Top 5 -last month
Sector calls campaign ‘positive’ and predicts soaring prices
Spain: Good potato season
The potato did very well this season. Growers and traders all profited from a successful sales campaign. Only a small amount of the Salamanca produce is left in stock. Yields were decent with 45,000 – 50,000 kilo per hectare, slightly less than in the preceding year.
The regional beet harvest didn’t do so well, and was down with an average production of 100 tonnes per hectare.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-08 “We’ve started using drip irrigation systems for onion cultivation”
- 2022-12-08 Overview of 2022 Canadian potato production
- 2022-12-08 Oregon Snake River Produce partners with Texas-based Murray Logistics
- 2022-12-08 Farmland Partners purchases 3,843 acres in Texas
- 2022-12-08 Spud King has plan to save WA from potato crisis
- 2022-12-08 French fry import tariffs remain a ‘hot potato’ – stakeholders
- 2022-12-07 Moldovan onions most expensive in last 5 years
- 2022-12-07 "Launching these two new references on the market is a very important milestone for our cooperative"
- 2022-12-07 Georgian onion prices spike again
- 2022-12-07 Pakistan still main export destination for Uzbek onions
- 2022-12-07 EAC embarks on project to improve regional trade in seed potatoes
- 2022-12-06 Smuggled white onions worth $35k found in Manila raid
- 2022-12-06 Europe's largest sweet potato-producing region is located in Cadiz
- 2022-12-06 Doing more with fewer people
- 2022-12-05 "Global demand for frozen potato products remains high"
- 2022-12-05 Potatoes, carrots, parsnips part of more expensive UK 2022 Christmas dinner
- 2022-12-05 The future of roots and tubers under one CGIAR
- 2022-12-02 Governor Lacson wants more storage facilities for onions
- 2022-12-02 'Season of early Cypriot potatoes will begin soon'
- 2022-12-02 "Early switch from Spanish, Egyptian sweet potatoes to U.S. expected"