- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
- Operations Manager - Kenya
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Growing potatoes 'in thin air' could increase profits up to 20 percent
- More early South African grapes kept locally
- Early stonefruit, perhaps early grapes as well
- “You don’t only have to be knowledgeable about the crop, but you also have to know how to work with others"
- Dutoit opens new Cherry Time™ packhouse with a ‘cherrific’ crop
Top 5 -last month
Chile: Anticipated export growth of kiwi to Asia
In 2010, 12,000 tons were shipped, 6.9% of the total export. Last year, it was 14,000 tons, or 8.1% and according to data by SimFruit this year’s export will likely reach 20,000 tons, or 10.7% of the total export volume. All in all, there was a total increase of 17% in 2011, and 32% in 2012.
The most important buyers are China and Hong Kong with 4.8%, Korea with 3.7% and Japan with 1.1%.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-02 Vandalism to kiwifruit vines causing high financial cost for grower, police say
- 2022-12-02 Lebanese fresh producers prefer to prioritize the local market
- 2022-12-02 FAO Responsible Fruits Project focuses on avocado and pineapple value chains
- 2022-12-02 Thailand to export fruits via Lao-Chinese railway this Saturday
- 2022-12-02 Baleh landowners receive 6,000 high-yielding durian seedlings
- 2022-12-02 Record temperatures cause an unexpected fruit fly outbreak in kakis and citrus
- 2022-12-02 "We expect to have at least 300-500 tons per year available to us in the future"
- 2022-12-02 The Supplì kiwifruit variety grown in the Agro Pontino area
- 2022-12-01 2022 was a successful export year for Vietnam
- 2022-12-01 "If avocados are shipped today from the Canary Islands to Iceland, tomorrow the customer has it in the market"
- 2022-12-01 California sees better 2022 pomegranate crop with ample small sized fruit
- 2022-12-01 Tropical fruit grower adds Oro pineapples to product line up
- 2022-12-01 "Pink pineapple is a unique high-end Costa Rican product that reaches most exclusive markets in the world"
- 2022-12-01 "After a tough year, physalis and passion fruit sales now getting into the Christmas flow"
- 2022-12-01 Fruit inspection point at Mohan Station expected to open on December 3
- 2022-12-01 "Our sights are already set on Peru's kaki campaign"
- 2022-12-01 "There is a massive amount of pineapples that will be ready to harvest in February across the industry"
- 2022-12-01 Pineapple market could gain strength in near future
- 2022-11-30 Dragon fruit catches on with Anantapur district growers
- 2022-11-30 ‘Poor-quality durians on Shanghai roadside do not come from Thailand’