- International Account Manager
- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
- Country Manager – Italy
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
South Africa: Prima eliminates farming puzzles
Precision farming entails the identification, analysis and management of intra-field variations in order to optimize outputs and at the same time conserve sources. When precision farming is practised, agriculturists make use of technologically advanced practices to collect data and information on a farm.
Farmsecure Agri Science offers a holistic service, including scientific agricultural advice, consultation, technical services, irrigation and innovative technology, to farmers. In addition to providing their technical, crop and product knowledge, these experts also add value by applying their experience to each facet of the crop cycle – from soil to shelf. Farmsecure Agri Science believes that this holistic expert service only achieves its full potential if the services are offered in a co-ordinated manner by the crop working group, rather than by an individual with a general outlook.
PRIMA, a precision farming service offering of Farmsecure Agri Science, therefore does not stand on its own – it combines the knowledge of the largest agricultural expert team in Africa with leading agricultural technology to optimize yield, mitigate risk and maximize profit. Practices that are used by the PRIMA team to collect information include:
• Nutrient analysis of the soil
• Physical analysis of the soil
• Soil use planning
• Risk profiling with the aid of remote-sensing technology, including NDVI scanning
Soil, crop and climate terrain information are interpreted by experts, after which specialised services are offered. On the basis of the unique farm profile, adjustments can be made to soil preparation, establishment actions, irrigation, crop placement, drainage, fertilization, crop nutrition, planting procedures, and so forth.
With the support of more than 140 agronomists, horticulturalists, soil scientists and experts on a variety of crops, the company has specialised knowledge and experience at its disposal; this places it in a prime position to offer more than precision.
These specialised services support the farmer throughout the crop cycle – from soil to shelf. Realise your farm’s full potential with PRIMA, more than precision.
For more information:
Farmsecure Agri Science
Tel. +27 21 974 1900
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-01-27 Dutch company warns of defaulter
- 2023-01-27 The Natural Fruit Company joins the EsAgua Network
- 2023-01-27 Sunrise Fresh appoints Greg Wilson
- 2023-01-27 Shropshire tech start-up Upp advocates for big automation
- 2023-01-26 Twelfth consecutive year of growth puts Omer-Decugis & Cie Group a year ahead of its development plan
- 2023-01-26 Fresh produce chain hit by Lakeside Produce’s bankruptcy
- 2023-01-26 Patatas Hijolusa acquired Natuber to continue its expansion
- 2023-01-26 Gemüsering takes a stake in large producer of organic broccoli and cauliflower in Spain
- 2023-01-26 750 people benefit from Fyffes off-season medical brigades provided in Honduras communities
- 2023-01-26 North Bay Produce adds to leadership team
- 2023-01-26 KM Packaging is officially established in Australia
- 2023-01-25 AgriFORCE to acquire international berry business
- 2023-01-25 "This move signals the start of developing new cleaning systems"
- 2023-01-25 Dutch company installs packaging line at Belgian startup: "To encourage healthy snacking in Belgium"
- 2023-01-25 Vijay Rapaka promoted to Global grower operations and research
- 2023-01-24 Two new hires at Pete Pappas & Sons
- 2023-01-24 Agtech firm to acquire berry business
- 2023-01-24 Appointments to the National Mango Board
- 2023-01-24 Cologne City Council pushes ahead with wholesale market in Marsdorf
- 2023-01-23 61-year-old family company Frieda's has been acquired