Sign up for our daily Newsletter and stay up to date with all the latest news!

Subscribe I am already a subscriber

You are using software which is blocking our advertisements (adblocker).

As we provide the news for free, we are relying on revenues from our banners. So please disable your adblocker and reload the page to continue using this site.

Click here for a guide on disabling your adblocker.

Sign up for our daily Newsletter and stay up to date with all the latest news!

Subscribe I am already a subscriber
Prominent Chinese kiwifruit grower

Photo report and company visit to Qifeng

Qifeng Fruit is a fruit cooperative from the province of Shaanxi in the centre of China. The cooperative was founded in 2008. Qifeng grows kiwifruit on its own plant base, which occupies 140 hectares (2,000 mu) in Mei Xian, Shaanxi province. In addition, the company works with local growers in Shaanxi and Sichuan province.

Click here to see the photo report

Qifeng produces the green kiwifruit varieties Xu Xiang and Cui Xiang, the Hayward variety and red kiwifruit all in Shaanxi province. In addition, Qifeng grows a yellow kiwifruit variety called Jin Yan in Sichuan province. Nemo is the online marketing manager at Qifeng: “We have a cold storage facility of 4 hectares. The air in Shaanxi in clean and weather conditions are good. The kiwi season starts in August and ends in May the following year. 70% to 80% of our products are sold in China. We supply 12 wholesale markets directly and have 18 shops in Shanghai, Beijing and Xi'an. The remaining 20% to 30% we export to Malaysia, Taiwan, Thailand and Russia.”

Organic kiwifruit orchards near Mei Xian in Shaanxi province, in the centre of China. Each year, 1 mu organic kiwi plants yield 1,500 kg. Overall yield is lower, but the quality of the fruit is higher.

Nemo is responsible for online marketing and eCommerce sales, which is one of the company's largest sources of revenue. The kiwifruit has been harvested two weeks prior to this photo. Each year, one mu yields 1,500 kilogram organic kiwifruit.

Organic pesticides are used to protect the trees.

Drones and agribots are used to deliver pesticides. During summer, the company organises classes to educate growers they source from to optimise production.

Click here to see the photo report

Packing House

The company operates recently installed sorting lines and cold storage facilities on 4 hectares in Mei Xian.

Qifen's newly installed sorting line by MAF Roda.

The kiwifruit is brushed clean to remove loose hairs and dirt.

After the fruit is sorted by weight and cleaned, the pieces are carefully checked and packed.

Online sales
Online sales activities are becoming increasingly important for Qifeng. The company’s online sales target for 2016 is set to 100 million Yuan (equal to 13.5 million Euro). The online sales strategy is targeting different end-clients and consumer groups. Qifeng sells B2B and B2C. In addition, the company rolled out a cooperation programme with Tmall, and are now the largest fresh kiwifruit seller on this platform. "High percentage of customers that bought our product in the past are returning customers. In 2016 we aim to grow our online customer base. Our hope is that Qifeng can grow to become China’s largest online kiwi supplier.”

Click here to see the photo report

These three gift boxes are used for export.

Qifeng sales point in Xi'An. In total, the company has opened 18 shops across China, including in Beijing, Shanghai and Guangzhou. The company runs four shops in Xi'An.

Click here to see the photo report

For more information:

Nemo Lee
Shaanxi Qifeng Fruit Industry
Tel: +86 1367 1948 857