- Tomato Breeder (H/F)
- Junior / Senior Export Manager
- Assistant Cultivation Manager - Capitol Heights (MD) USA
- Greenhouse Investment Analyst - Portland (OR) USA
- Market Manager - Horticulture, USA
- Procurement and Marketing Manager - Kenya
- Head Grower - Bahrain
- Quality Assurance Manager - (Victoria, NSW or Tasmania) Australia
- (Assistant) Manager
- Senior Commodities Trader | Pulses | Ukraine
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Long-term investment in NZ kiwiberry industry
Over the last few years global demand for kiwiberry has continued to rise on the back of a sustained increase in market share for berryfruit. Freshmax has recognized this exciting opportunity for New Zealand growers to benefit from increasing demand, through investment in kiwiberry production.
Kiwiberry is characterized by sweet, kiwifruit-like flesh, thin skin, and is the size of a grape. Conveniently they don’t need to be peeled and are delightful eaten whole.
Tony Mahoney, Freshmax Group CEO, says "New Zealand-grown kiwiberry has access to an extensive range of international markets, a privilege not available to many export fruit categories. Our kiwiberry marketing strategy is focused on steadily and significantly building demand in NZ, Europe and Asia, demand which is yet to be realised due to the lack of volume supply from New Zealand so far."
For more information:
Freshmax NZ Ltd
Tel: +64 21 936 428
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-07-24 Mexico's annual per capita chilli consumption increased to 18 kilos
- 2020-07-24 Supply season of fresh Chinese figs lasts all year
- 2020-07-24 “Our dates from Oman are now available”
- 2020-07-24 Chinese ginger is as expensive as meat
- 2020-07-24 “Ginger prices are climbing again in Belgium”
- 2020-07-24 Chinese garlic price is rising, but the farmers are still making a loss
- 2020-07-24 “Demand for Turkish figs increase every year”
- 2020-07-24 Work underway on high-yielding garlic variety
- 2020-07-22 Low kiwifruit quantities expected in 2020
- 2020-07-22 Pricky pear segment needs aggregation to compete on the market
- 2020-07-22 Online shopping stimulates Malaysian durian export to China
- 2020-07-21 Ecuador hopes to open new markets for its pitahaya
- 2020-07-21 "More and more competition from German garlic growers"
- 2020-07-21 “Saffron sales plummeted due to the coronavirus outbreak, some by up to 99%”
- 2020-07-21 Portuguese and Spanish producers have founded a cooperative to promote the cultivation of pitaya
- 2020-07-21 Indian date season coming to an end
- 2020-07-20 Tropically sweet Gold Kiwi ready to ship this summer season
- 2020-07-20 "We thought the potential for German garlic was exhausted - This season proves the opposite"
- 2020-07-20 The second stage of the Chilean kiwi export season begins
- 2020-07-20 "Ginger currently very expensive in China, but the Netherlands experiencing a dip"