- Lighting Applications Specialist - Beamsville (Ontario) Canada
- Senior Product Manager Young Plants
- (Senior) Sourcing Manager Soft Fruit
- IPM Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Labor Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Human Resources Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Assistant Grower - Morehead (KY) USA
- Head Grower - Morehead (KY) USA
- General Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Greenhouse Installation Specialist - Hallam, Victoria, Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
"EU: Freshfel launches "Kids Enjoy Fresh" site"
Building on efforts to spread the word to 'Enjoy Fresh' (as started by Freshfel’s www.enjoyfresh.eu) Freshfel has launched a dedicated website to highlight the pleasure of fresh produce consumption and bringing it closer to kids and their parents and teachers. The new website, accessible under a unique online platform for the youngest for getting in touch in an accessible format with fresh produce and for their parents and teachers to receive first-hand and relevant information on all aspects around fresh produce.
Freshfel’s President Philippe Henri commented: "I am more than pleased that Freshfel is today filling a real gap on a European scale, presenting fresh produce to the youngest as a wonderful part of their diets. It will benefit the sector while improving knowledge about the great products we are dealing with. I am therefore inviting everyone to join forces with Freshfel and bringing the 'Enjoy Fresh' concept closer to consumers and work together for the common benefit of the sector but also for our society."
Kidsenjoyfresh.eu is designed first and foremost for kids, parents and teachers. Children will find a whole range of entertaining but at the same time also educational interactive games and activities, trying to stir up curiosity to explore fresh fruits and vegetables. Parents will get first-hand suggestions on how to encourage fruits and vegetables in a child’s diet, but also on how to 'Enjoy Fresh' with tips for storage and handling and an exhaustive recipes list. At the same time great arguments on why to 'Enjoy Fresh' are not missing, covering such areas as nutrition and health or general product information. Finally, as Freshfel is keen on ensuring the proper functioning of the EU School Fruit Scheme (SFS) and while realising that much can be done to communicate the program better, Freshfel is bringing the SFS closer to teachers, enabling them to get in touch with relevant authorities and bringing fresh produce into class rooms and to youngsters in general.
Philippe Binard, General Delegate of Freshfel, stated: "As consumption continues to stagnate and even decline across Europe, it is important that Freshfel takes the lead to boost knowledge and image of the category. Freshfel will present this initiative also to DG SANCO of the European Commission as a commitment of the sector to the EU Platform for Action on Diet, Physical Activity and Health, further trying to boost the School Fruit Scheme."
All sections of the website will be regularly complemented by additional content and features over time. Sebastian Kruse, Freshfel’s Communication Policy Adviser, concluded: "With kidsenjoyfresh.eu we are bringing our 'Enjoy Fresh' concept to the next level. We have seen some great success in the last 1 ½ years, as our initiative has been well received and is having a positive impact on the image and visibility we are giving to fresh produce and its sector on a European level. We are however not resting on our laurels but gearing up our activities as we are indeed facing an ongoing challenge. Having a truly holistic approach in mind, 'Kids Enjoy Fresh' offers therefore a huge potential in the long-run which will truly boost the category and the sector behind."
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-04-19 Burglar caught and sentenced after taking a bite from grower's tomato
- 2019-04-19 Arizona legislature agrees to send letter from FPAA
- 2019-04-19 South Africa: Eastern Cape dam levels remain 'fluid'
- 2019-04-19 UK: Restrictions on water amid mounting fears of drought
- 2019-04-19 Australian farmers call on next Parliament to get FTA with Indonesia done
- 2019-04-18 Higher prices for vegetables in Canada
- 2019-04-18 US-funded projects to aid against drought in southern Honduras
- 2019-04-18 Northern Costa Rica: Working conditions and environmental situation on pineapple plantations
- 2019-04-18 Australia: Supermarket giant helps farmers drought-proof operations
- 2019-04-18 Top 10 countries with highest number of work hours (2017)
- 2019-04-18 Curaçao: 29 entrepreneurs ready to take over floating fruit market
- 2019-04-17 Man swallows 96 grams of Carolina Reaper in less than 60 seconds
- 2019-04-17 Non-profit seeks to fight hunger by fighting food waste
- 2019-04-17 Zimbabwe and Belarus to sign business agreement
- 2019-04-17 Boosting agro-food transitions in Vietnam
- 2019-04-17 Del Monte set-back in Kenyan land lease suit
- 2019-04-17 US: Brazilian buyers seek more Georgian agro products
- 2019-04-17 Dole signs lease for executive office in uptown Charlotte
- 2019-04-16 Driving bans on Friday, 19 April, and Monday, 22 april
- 2019-04-16 Texas A&M University scholarship students to attend Viva Fresh Expo