The export of red fruits -strawberries, raspberries, blackberries and blueberries- continues to rise. The National Association of Exporters of Berries (Aneberries) estimates to send up to 12 percent more red fruits produced in the country abroad, and exceed 584,000 tons by the end of this year.
According to Juan José Flores García, general director of Aneberries, until June 16 there was a record of 386,894 tons exported nationally, which are distributed as follows: Blueberry 62,011 tons, Raspberry 67,744 tons, Strawberry 206,238 tons, Blackberry 50,900 tons. In 2021, around 462,000 tons were exported.
The director of Aneberries explained that 95 percent of the red fruits are sent to the United States, while the remaining 5 percent is divided into 37 countries, both in Europe, the Middle East and Southeast Asia.