Announcements

Job Offers

Specials more

Top 5 -yesterday

Top 5 -last week

Top 5 -last month

Indian government starts buying onions to create buffer stock

The federal government has started procuring onions from Nashik through its agency the National Agricultural Co-operative Marketing Federation of India Ltd (Nafed), to create a buffer stock to tackle any sharp rise in prices later in the year.

The government has set the target of buying over 200,000 tons of onions this year, bulk of which will come from Nashik. Around 90% of the onion will be bought from the wholesale markets and farmers producers companies (FPCs) in Maharashtra and remaining 10% from Madhya Pradesh and other onion growing states, officials said.

Source: timesofindia.indiatimes.com


Publication date:



Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here


Other news in this sector:


Sign up for our daily Newsletter and stay up to date with all the latest news!

Subscribe I am already a subscriber