Job Offers

Specials more

Top 5 -yesterday

Top 5 -last week

Top 5 -last month

Asparagus and table grapes account for 40% of Sonora's agricultural export income

Asparagus and table grapes are Sonora's agricultural products that have the highest value in the international market. Together they account for nearly 40% of the total income generated by exports to the United States and other Asian countries.

According to the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock, Hydraulic Resources, Fisheries, and Aquaculture (Sagarhpa), in 2020, Sonora exported a total of 2,040,323 tons of different agricultural products achieving a profit of 3,043,741 dollars.

Last year, the state exported 165,090 tons of asparagus for 561,305 dollars, and 256,792 tons of table grapes for 731,857 dollars, i.e. 42% of the total production.

80% of the asparagus and table grapes exported were sent to the United States and the remaining 20% to various destinations in Asia that were consolidated in 2017, after losing connection with customers in Canada.



Publication date:

Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here

Other news in this sector:

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Instagram Rss

© 2021

Sign up for our daily Newsletter and stay up to date with all the latest news!

Subscribe I am already a subscriber