Peruvian agro-exports up 26% in June

Peruvian agro-exports show sustained growth in the international market, despite the impacts of COVID-19. Only in June, sales in this sector grew 26% to US$621 million, from the same month last year, the Ministry of Agrarian Development and Irrigation (Midagri) reported on Wednesday.

In the sixth month of the year, traditional agro-exports accounted for only 5% of the total export value, while non-traditional sales represented the remaining 95%. Non-traditional agro-exports amounted to US$588 million, up 26% over the same month in 2020.

The products that stood out in the agro-export ranking were fresh avocados, which accounted for 39% of total exports, fresh asparagus (6.1%), other citrus fruits (5.2%), preparations for animal feed (3%), other fruits (2.2%) and bananas, including fresh "Cavendish Valery" bananas (2.1%).

Source: andina.pe


Publication date:



Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here


Other news in this sector:


Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Instagram Rss

© FreshPlaza.com 2021

Sign up for our daily Newsletter and stay up to date with all the latest news!

Subscribe I am already a subscriber