Each year, the European chestnut network, Eurocastanea, which includes the organizations of chestnut producers from France, Italy, Spain, Portugal and Austria, organizes the European Chestnut Days in a producing country.
This year, the 11th edition of the European Chestnut Days will take place in 2 formats: in person on October 1st and 2nd in St-Yrieix-La-Perche (New-Aquitaine), and in the form of a webinar on October 21st and 22nd 2021.
- Discovery of the chestnut production of Corrèze and Haute-Vienne (visits of the farms)
- Visit of traditional orchards in southwestern France, sorting and packaging station
- Professional Tech-chestnut fair in Saint-Yrieix-la-Perche
- Visit of an organization of producers
- Guided technical workshops: weeding, harvesting, trimming
- Conference: water management, an essential tool to professionalize the chestnut sector
- European conference (in French): managing the quality of the fruit with testimony from different EU countries
- Visit of the booths
- Video-conference on the market
- Presentation of the New Aquitaine agricultural region
- Harvest predictions per country
- Round table: market prospects (trade, market demand trends and consumption)
- Technical video-conference
- Chestnut production in Limousin (technical angle)
- Report on the visits from October 1st
- Conference on protection against diseases and pests
- Controlling the codling moth and rotting fruit in Italy
- Research on means to control worms and rotting fruit
- Questions & answers
Both webinars will include translations to French, English, Portuguese, Italian and Spanish.
For the full program, click here.
For more information: