The Washington Apple Commission has welcomed the recent re-election of five commissioners to the Board of Directors.
The commissioners, who were elected for a three-year term, are:
- Cass Gebbers – Grower Position 2, District 1
- Bob Mast – Dealer Position 10, District 1
- David Douglas – Grower Position 6, District 2
- Jim Hazen – Dealer Position 12, District 2
- Jim Thomas – Grower Position 4, District 3
“The experience, wisdom and dedication of each of these returning board members is extremely valuable and we look forward as a commission to serving under their direction,” says Todd Fryhover Washington Apple Commission President. “All five commissioners served well in their last appointment on behalf of their respective districts and the industry. I am confident they will continue to guide us towards progressive direction in their dedication to the success of the Washington apple industry in the years ahead.”
Other members on the commission are:
- Mark Stennes – Grower Position 1, District 1
- Dave Robison – Grower Position 3, District 1
- Jorge Sanchez– Dealer Position 11, District 1
- James Foreman, – Grower Position 5, District 2 (Chair)
- Michael Roche – Grower Position 7, District 2
- Jon Alegria – Grower Position 8, District 2
- Miles Kohl – Dealer Position 13, District 2
- West Mathison – Grower Position 9, District 3
- James Nelson – WSDA Representative
The Washington Apple Commission Board of Directors consists of 14 members: nine growers, four dealers and one Washington State Department of Agriculture Representative.
Washington state is responsible for 95% of all U.S. apple exports and ships to 60 markets worldwide. With one-third of Washington’s crop destined for export markets each year, the industry has designated the Washington Apple Commission to execute a promotional program in foreign markets, in order to build brand awareness and increase consumer consumption. The Commission has 12 international representatives facilitating the marketing and advertising of Washington apples in 25 major export markets.