The U.S. Department of Agriculture announced the appointment of nine members to serve on the National Watermelon Promotion Board. The appointees will serve three-year terms from Jan. 1, 2021, to Dec. 31, 2023.
Members newly appointed or reappointed are:
- District 1 Producer: Kyler Bishop, Punta Gorda, Florida
- District 1 Producer: Chad Chastain, Punta Gorda, Florida
- District 1 Handler: Stephen R. Nichols, Lakeland, Florida
- District 1 Handler: Rob Gibson, Vero Beach, Florida
- Importer: Matthew N. Tanner, Pompano Beach, Florida
- Importer: Christopher M. Dyer, Mission, Texas
- Importer: Christian Murillo, Nogales, Arizona
- Importer: Jeff Fawcett, Edinburg, Texas
- Public Member: Craig A. Stokes, San Antonio, Texas
The National Watermelon Promotion Board now has 30 members composed of 10 producers, 10 handlers, nine importers and one public member. Approximately one-third of the board members are appointed each year. Members can serve up to two consecutive three-year terms.