Announcements

Job Offers





Specials more

Top 5 -yesterday

Top 5 -last week

Top 5 -last month

August 31 report by the National Agricultural Statistics Service - USDA

2019-2020 US agaricus mushroom volume of sales totaled 796 mln pounds

In 2019-2020, the US agaricus mushroom volume of sales totaled 796 million pounds, down 2 percent from the 2018-2019 season. Pennsylvania accounted for 66 percent of the total volume of sales and second-ranked California contributed 14 percent.

The value of the Agaricus crop was estimated at $1.09 billion dollars, up 4 percent from a year ago. Brown mushrooms, including Portabello and Crimini varieties, accounted for 189 million pounds, up 3 percent from last season. Brown mushrooms accounted for 24 percent of the total Agaricus volume sold and 27 percent of the total Agaricus value.

United States fresh market sales of Agaricus mushrooms totaled 741 million pounds, down 1 percent from the previous season, while processed sales, at 55.6 million pounds, decreased 14 percent from the previous season.

Growers reported United States fresh market production made up 93 percent of total sales volume, while processed production represented the remaining 7 percent. Grower total filling intentions for the 2020-2021 crop are 134 million square feet, down 1 percent from the total fillings in the 2019-2020 season.

Click here to read the full report.


Publication date:



Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here


Other news in this sector:


© FreshPlaza.com 2020

Sign up for our daily Newsletter and stay up to date with all the latest news!

Subscribe I am already a subscriber