One of the world's most dangerous spiders has been found inside several boxes of bananas from Costa Rica that were for sale at a branch of the Tesco supermarket chain in Worcester, UK. The spiders were identified as of the Brazilian wandering spider species, which usually inhabits the tropics of South and Central America.
Geoff Greenwood and Keeley Ballard - belonging to different places - each bought a package of bananas in Tesco. According to Geoff Greenwood, he noticed the spiders when we got home and began to accommodate the purchases in the kitchen. "It looked like it had been crushed when we packed the bags," he added. After contacting the supermarket, he uploaded the shocking photos to his social networks.
Fortunately, it was dead by the time we found out. After this fright, our boys don't want to eat more bananas," he said. Keeley Ballard said his surprise was just as unpleasant, but that in his case he had found spider eggs.
JG Pest Control's Adam Fairley told the Mirror Online that "there is a high possibility that it is a young Brazilian wandering spider." This species is considered the most poisonous spider in the world since its poison can kill in two hours. It is also known to hide in banana plants and it is common in Costa Rica, where the bananas came from.