As the new Brazilian melon season gets underway in August, MSC can offer transport and logistics solutions and help you reach consumers in Europe and beyond.
Brazil, with its favourable climatic conditions, is ideal for growing sweet, juicy melons and this has made it one of the top melon-producing countries in the world, as well as the leading supplier to European consumers. As of today, Brazil exports over 250,000 tons of the flavourful fruit to customers across the Atlantic every year and the demand keeps growing.
MSC has developed a solid expertise in transporting perishable cargo. Building on their shipping and intermodal worldwide coverage, they have been helping farmers and exporters for years, counting on a local presence of over 23 years in Brazil and offering global service with local knowledge, going above and beyond to ensure customer’s cargo arrives at destination expeditiously and in the best possible condition.
Choose the fast way for your melons
Transporting melons across the Atlantic in pristine conditions is a complex process and MSC customers can find in hem a first-class expert. Today, they are one of the top shipping lines in refrigerated cargo, from Brazil to the world. With fast, reliable, and frequent services that connect the country with the main markets, including Europe.
Shipping melons requires the highest level of care and a specific temperature control to make sure that the product reaches its final destination with the same taste, freshness, texture and aroma as when it was harvested. MSC follow highly-standardised control procedures to guarantee the best possible transport conditions from pick-up to delivery. Their optimum cooling solutions are perfectly complemented by an unmatched level of knowledge and passion.
- High-frequent sailings from northeast Brazil to Europe and beyond
- Short transit times from Brazil to key fruits hubs in Europe: the service from Pecém to Valencia and Rotterdam can respectively take as little as 9 and 12 days
- 24/7 customer service
- A free trade zone offering fiscal benefits for exporters
- Logistics services through our sister company MEDLOG for door-to-door solutions
- Refrigerated containers experts, who are trained regularly on the latest standards and processes to meet the evolving requirements of our customers