Anecoop expands its presence in Spain, with over 25,000 producers represented

Santiago Apóstol cooperative, of Tomelloso, joins Anecoop

Founded in 1971, the Santiago Apóstol cooperative, of Tomelloso, has 300 families associated and 400 hectares for the production of horticultural products that are exported to the entire European Union. It annually markets 22 million kilos, 80% of which corresponds to melons and watermelons (harvested from July to October) and the remaining 20% to other products, such as onions, pumpkins, tomatoes, cauliflower, almonds or cereals. It also provides an advisory service to its partners and has a supplies section.

The company's entire production is grown adhering to integrated cultivation criteria, which minimize the use of chemical substances that can affect the environment and help achieve the objective of zero waste with crops that are free of phytosanitary residues. In addition, Santiago Apóstol is accredited by the main private quality certifications, such as Global G.A.P, IFS and Organic Farming.

"Now that we have been in the market for almost 50 years, and following a long period of joint collaboration, we have considered signing an alliance with Anecoop with the aim of continuing to grow and sharing useful synergies for both entities," said the president of the Santiago Apóstol cooperative, José Ángel Serrano Lara. "This important step will allow us to continue gaining competitiveness and size, reinforcing our strength."

For his part, the president of Anecoop, Alejandro Monzón, said that with the incorporation of Santiago Apóstol, their first partner in Castile-La Mancha, “we are expanding our presence in the main Spanish producing areas, with partners already in twelve provinces of six autonomous regions. This is allowing us to extend our business schedule and increase our supply. It is an honor to start this journey with the Santiago Apóstol cooperative, with which we share fundamental values and a common interest in the defense of Spanish agriculture."

For more information:

Cooperativa Santiago Apostol
Crta. Socuellamos, S/N, 13700 Tomelloso, Ciudad Real. Spain
Tel.: +34 926 511 495
admon@santiago-apostol.com
www.santiago-apostol.com

Anecoop
Monforte, 1. Entresuelo. 46010, Valencia, Spain
Tel.: +34 963 938 519 info@anecoop.com
www.anecoop.com


Publication date:



Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here


Other news in this sector:


© FreshPlaza.com 2020