"The demand for food containers started to increase from 2000"

Limera, a Turkish company which was founded 12 years ago, exports plastic food containers to 36 countries. Their products are exported mainly to Italy and other European countries where they are used for packing fruits, stated the company's General Manager Muhammet Ali Kul. "Following R&D projects, soon we plan to produce packages tailored to countries' needs for special foods," Kul said.

Recently, Turkey has become Europe's center of production for kitchen tools and accessories. While there are a lot of new investments in the area, some producers grow with R&D. Limera, founded in 2007, is among these brands. The company operates in Corlu, Tekirdag and exports plastic food containers to 36 countries. Top export markets include countries such as Italy, the UK and Germany.

Limera General Manager Muhammet Ali Kul told the story of the company's foundation and growth.

Increased demand for fruit containers
"The demand for food containers started to increase from after 2000. Especially in European countries, consumers buy fruits and vegetables per piece. Besides, many consumers take fruits with them to their offices and schools. Thus, there is an increased need for our products. Today in Corlu, we produce in our factory that sits in an area of 20.000 square meters. This includes a covered production area of 10.000 square meters. We export 200 different products. We produce plastic containers; fruit containers and containers for cakes, eggs, salads and sauces. So far, we have invested over 15 million USD. Our biggest exports markets are the UK, Italy, the Netherlands, Malta, Spain, Belgium and Sweden. We also export to all North African countries  except Algeria, as well as Scandinavian countries, Gulf countries, Azerbaijan and Georgia. We export 60% of our products and the remaining 40% goes to the domestic market. We produce and sell by ourselves, we don't work with contractors. Besides we participate in fairs. Following the Eurasia Packaging Fair we will participate in another fair in Germany on May 23." said General Manager Kul.

"Currently we sell products to many international companies; salad containers for a world famous coffee chain, cake containers for a Turkish supermarket chain and fruit containers to Italy's largest fruit producers and traders." Kul stated.

"Our annual growth rate is 15%"
Kul also evaluated the current situation and shared their 2019 targets: "Despite the contractions in global trade, we think that we're doing well. Our total turnover is around 50 million Turkish Lira (7,8 million Euro). We aim to increase this in 2019. Our annual growth rate is nearly 15%. We are the only company in Turkey and in Europe who can load the same day as we receive the order. We continue our R&D and investments in innovation. We need to closely follow new trends, because food trends change every year."

 

Source: Hurriyet

 


Publication date:



Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here


Other news in this sector:


© FreshPlaza.com 2019

Sign up for our daily Newsletter and stay up to date with all the latest news!

Subscribe I am already a subscriber