Chile: Hortifrut consolidates global strategy by allying with Colombia's Proplantas

The Chilean company Hortifrut has signed a commercial alliance with a pioneer in the commercialization of berries and blueberries in Colombia, Proplantas. The agreement contemplates the creation of a platform for the export of blueberries from Colombia destined to the main markets of the northern hemisphere starting March 2020. Hortifrut will be in charge of their commercialization and will have 75% of the control of the new company and the remaining 25% will be held by the Afanador family, which owns Proplantas.

In 2018, Hortifrut consolidated its position in the region thanks to its merger with the Blueberry business of the Rocio Group in Peru. Following its partnership strategy with producers in each country, this operation, together with investment projects and alliances in Mexico, China, the United States, and Morocco, among others, will allow Hortifrut to reach 100,000 tons per year in 2021, consolidating its leadership in the worldwide berry industry.

The Colombian partner
Proplantas was founded 33 years ago by Gerardo Afanador, with a focus on the production of berries. To date, it has imported more than 150 million plants from Chile and the United States and continues to be a leader in the supply of berry plants and genetic varieties in Colombia.

They have also been pioneers in blueberries, implementing with their plants and agricultural supplies about 400 hectares for their customers, a figure that represents about 90% of the hectares planted with blueberries throughout Colombia, making it one of the most important players in this industry in the country.

Hortifrut is a global business platform that connects the main berry producers of the two hemispheres with the most important clients and markets in the world, delivering quality fruit throughout the year. It stands out thanks to its unique business model, which is based on innovation, genetic development, sustainability, and the digitalization of its processes.

Currently, the company has operations in North America, Central America, South America, Europe, Africa, and Asia.

 

Source: agronegocios.co 


Publication date:



Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here


Other news in this sector:


© FreshPlaza.com 2019

Sign up for our daily Newsletter and stay up to date with all the latest news!

Subscribe I am already a subscriber