Ottawa forecasts a one percent decline in total potato production for marketing year 2018/19, following a challenging growing year for potato growers across Canada due to high temperatures and below average precipitation. Canadian imports of fresh potatoes are forecast to grow one percent in the year ahead on smaller production and lower carryover stocks. FAS/Ottawa expects frozen potato product production to rise two percent and exports one percent higher on steady domestic and foreign demand.
- Senior Grower Tomatoes - Denmark
- General Manager - Oxnard (CA) USA
- Trader Fruit - Rungis (France)
- Fruit & vegetables Export - Import manager
- Import-Export senior Sales Agents to Europe - Barcelona, Spain
- Teamleader Agronomist Vertical Farm - Poeldijk, The Netherlands
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Greenhouse Installation Specialist
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- QA Officer Retail - Maasdijk
Top 5 -yesterday
- Carrefour: first French retailer to use artificial intelligence to optimise supply chain
- Brexit deal voted down in British Parliament
- Australia: Extreme temperatures burn stone fruit from inside out
- Strike forces Halos grower to restore farmworker pay cut
- Poland: Market recovering, prices of industrial apples have doubled
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-01-17 In with spring, out with the Dutch onions
- 2019-01-17 Bangladesh: Onions cheaper at Khatunganj wholesale market
- 2019-01-17 Pakistan government urged to help export of potatoes to China
- 2019-01-17 'Onion market is better, and it’s important to keep the drive alive'
- 2019-01-16 Colombia: Researchers create pesticide against plague that attacks potatoes
- 2019-01-16 The French traditional shallot is having a great year
- 2019-01-16 Why do white onion prices fluctuate more in the US?
- 2019-01-16 Turkey lifts customs duty on onions
- 2019-01-15 Film released on Potato Biodiversity
- 2019-01-15 Uzbekistan: Dutch giant Kiremko can start producing chips
- 2019-01-15 Just like tomatoes, potatoes can flourish in Kenya’s dry north
- 2019-01-15 Canadian judge orders shipper to pay in dispute
- 2019-01-14 "We still have Dutch onions for the whole year"
- 2019-01-14 'Increased supply of French potatoes in retail'
- 2019-01-14 France: we are expecting firm prices
- 2019-01-14 Scientists unravel genetics of potato skin and flesh colour
- 2019-01-11 India: Maharashtra onion belt sees 65% drop in sowing activity
- 2019-01-11 India: 45,000 Nashik onion farmers apply for refunding
- 2019-01-11 State-mandated potato diet
- 2019-01-11 Sweet potato growers in North Carolina seeing good prices