- Lighting Applications Specialist - Beamsville (Ontario) Canada
- Senior Product Manager Young Plants
- (Senior) Sourcing Manager Soft Fruit
- IPM Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Labor Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Human Resources Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Assistant Grower - Morehead (KY) USA
- Head Grower - Morehead (KY) USA
- General Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Greenhouse Installation Specialist - Hallam, Victoria, Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Global mushroom market growing
One of the causes for this is growth is that mushrooms are growing more appealing to everyday consumers as more are learning of their health benefits. Mushrooms contain many crucial nutrients and some recent studies have even shown that they can also be used to combat diseases such as breast and prostate cancers. As a result of these health benefits, the global mushroom market is experiencing a direct increase in demand.
The global mushroom market is segmented on the basis of commonly produced types, into paddy, reishi or lingzhi, winter, oyster, shiitake, and button. Each type holds a greater prominence in different regions of the world, while a lot of them are prominently available in developed economies due to high demand.
The global mushroom market has been mostly dominated by Asia Pacific, particularly by the extremely high demand for mushrooms from Japan, China, and even India. On the other hand though, North America and Europe hold high value markets for the sales of exotic mushrooms in terms of imports as well as regional production. For instance, the rate of cultivation of shiitake mushrooms has shot up over the past few years in North America and Europe, given the increase in demand for them in these regions.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-04-24 Tarn-et-Garonne: "The white asparagus is here"
- 2019-04-24 First organic ginger and turmeric arrives from Peru
- 2019-04-24 Légulice plans to open a new mushroom farm in the Loire Valley
- 2019-04-24 Brazil launches a lettuce that is more resistant to heat
- 2019-04-24 Spain: Cordoba's garlic "is in great condition and has an exceptional quality"
- 2019-04-24 Peruvian garlic may have opportunities in China
- 2019-04-23 “There’s a growing demand for lettuce mixes”
- 2019-04-23 "Overseas demand for Chinese fresh ginger is weak"
- 2019-04-23 “Spreading out the start of orange bell peppers' production can only be beneficial”
- 2019-04-23 Mayors open Belgian asparagus season with first cut
- 2019-04-23 China: Price of garlic drops as fresh supplies enter Jinxiang Market
- 2019-04-23 Sustainably grown asparagus at start of Dutch supermarket Jumbo’s asparagus season
- 2019-04-23 Fellini Patrizio grows produce 150 meters from the facility
- 2019-04-23 "Raffaelo asparagus becoming important late variety in Western and Central Europe"
- 2019-04-23 China: "Slight fall in volumes of carrots in Xiamen this year"
- 2019-04-23 China: Squash prices show an upward trend
- 2019-04-23 How mushrooms got their names
- 2019-04-22 Planting gaps will strain California bok choy supplies
- 2019-04-22 Sweet corn could be solution for Southwest Georgia Agriculture
- 2019-04-22 Inspiring consumers with a choice of new colours