- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Key Account / Sales manager Fruit - DACH
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
- Sales specialist Vertical Farming North America / Europe
- Key Account Manager | Fresh Produce | Hamburg
- International Business Developer Indoor Farming
- Sales & Product Development Coordinator - Thornlands (QLD) Australia
- Sales Person
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Guatemala: First shipment of finger limes to Europe
Edilson Hernández, of Prime Tropics, explains that "this first shipment to Madrid is the company's first approach to the international market, but by 2018 we will have our 10 hectares devoted to finger lime production at full capacity, so we hope to have better quality fruit available all year round."
Prime Tropics "started the production of finger limes in the framework of a diversification program with tropical fruit, but we saw that there was a growing demand and a great lack of producers dedicated to this product, so we decided to fill that gap in the market. Besides, the product has a high economic value."
In addition to finger limes, Prime Tropics will also be supplying Hermanos Montes, of MercaMadrid, with rambutan and achacha, so Hernández is convinced that "our agreement to market our exotic products in Spain will be very beneficial for all, in addition to our introduction in the European market."
The finger lime is of Australian origin and in many places it is starting to be known as citrus caviar. It is becoming very popular as an ingredient for exotic dishes and drinks and many chefs are starting to use it in their gourmet dishes.
The company Prime Tropics has 10 hectares planted with this product and plans to expand its acreage to 20 hectares. The crops are cultivated at 3 different altitudes in Guatemala, allowing production to be available all year round.
For more information:
T. (502) 57000052
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-11-29 Clementine industry too fragmented
- 2019-11-28 Grapefruit harvest started in Turkey
- 2019-11-27 Citrus industry generates billions in exports despite bruising year
- 2019-11-26 Late overseas citrus on the rise
- 2019-11-25 Leaved clementines are synonymous with freshness and high quality
- 2019-11-22 "Navel crops from South Jiangxi, China are small in size due to dry weather"
- 2019-11-21 Ultra-thin layer of seal packaging increases citrus shelf-life up to 40%
- 2019-11-20 "Canada, Asia, and the Middle East are our most important markets"
- 2019-11-19 "Delayed harvest of Greek organic citrus"
- 2019-11-18 China: Navel orange production declines by 30% in Hengyang, Hunan
- 2019-11-15 Texas red grapefruit season commences, big sizes expected
- 2019-11-14 Memorably bad season for South African soft citrus in Russia
- 2019-11-13 Clementines: Real test of prices will take place in a few weeks time
- 2019-11-12 "Oranges from Guangdong, China will be available early"
- 2019-11-11 "Indonesia is currently the best export market for our Chinese mandarins"
- 2019-11-08 Tougher times for South African citrus growers and exporters during past season
- 2019-11-07 Heat in spring has reduced Israel easy peeler crop by 30%
- 2019-11-06 "Retailers like to work with specialist companies"
- 2019-11-05 Turkish mandarin season started slow, expected to pick up pace soon
- 2019-11-04 "Larger volume of small Chinese oranges this year"