- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Key Account / Sales manager Fruit - DACH
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
- Sales specialist Vertical Farming North America / Europe
- Key Account Manager | Fresh Produce | Hamburg
- International Business Developer Indoor Farming
- Sales & Product Development Coordinator - Thornlands (QLD) Australia
- Sales Person
Top 5 -yesterday
- GLOBAL OVERVIEW MANGOES
- “By investing in the farm, we have more control of how things are done"
- "Having introduced the conventional bananas now in Sweden we are looking to introduce our brand into Europe”
- The popularity of a unique exotic fruit set to soar in Australia in coming seasons
- PolyNatural is moving to US to be close with clients from the apple and pear organic market
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
"Almost all Spanish chains already have berries all year round"
Smooth transition from northern European to Spanish raspberries
Onubafruit expects a greater production compared to last season; around 10 million kilos. At present, the cooperative is marketing its exclusive remontant varieties Imara and Kiweli, and later, in mid-February, they will harvest the Lagorai and Vajolet. The latter have gained ground on the free variety Glen Lyon, which accounts for just 12% of the production, compared to the 70% it reached about 7 years ago. "The Glen Lyon has always been an easy variety to produce in a period when it is difficult to produce raspberries, and we expect to have 100% exclusive varieties in the short and medium term," explains Carlos Esteve.
Although the main markets for Onubafruit are outside Spain, in the rest of Europe and the Nordic countries, the Spanish market is starting to awaken when it comes to the consumption of berries. "Although the volumes cannot be compared with those in other countries in northern Europe, now almost all Spanish distribution chains have the full range of berries all year round," affirms Carlos Esteve.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-14 More winter strawberries harvested in Italy
- 2022-01-14 “Melon cultivation modernization not making up for increasing costs”
- 2022-01-14 Peruvian frozen strawberry exports increased by 50% in 2021
- 2022-01-14 China: Winter strawberries to grab the "fresh" market
- 2022-01-14 “The Legend apple is also available in organic”
- 2022-01-14 Free State apple packer expects 35% increase in volumes this year
- 2022-01-14 Australian melon growers remain resilient, despite many challenges
- 2022-01-14 "The pandemic has made us realize that we are capable of reinventing ourselves and has made us all much more professional"
- 2022-01-14 Chilean fresh fruit exports have increased by almost 8% over the previous season
- 2022-01-14 UK: Aldi and Somerset farm collaboration offers winter strawberries year-round
- 2022-01-14 PolyNatural is moving to US to be close with clients from the apple and pear organic market
- 2022-01-14 "Argentina exports 8,500 tons of fresh blueberries in this campaign"
- 2022-01-13 January apple tracker reports storage down just over 4 percent from 2021
- 2022-01-13 Staay Food Group prepares for another Costa Rican melon season
- 2022-01-13 Logistics problems and high costs pressure melon industry
- 2022-01-13 Wakkerstroom farm makes sure apple quality trumps yield
- 2022-01-13 "Quite good red currant demand but hospitality closure is making it hard to get good prices"
- 2022-01-13 Two hectares of blueberry plantation in Lucena del Puerto were robbed
- 2022-01-13 "Supply chains are disrupted, from absent patrons to distributors to the industry"
- 2022-01-13 Nominations opening for watermelon promotion board