- Senior Grower - Two Wells, Australia
- Field Service Technicians - Chile, South Africa, UK, USA, and New Zealand
- Operations Manager young plant production farm - East Africa
- International Account Manager - Export
- Head Grower (location UAE)
- Head Grower medical cannabis
- Processing & Quality Management Director - Made, The Netherlands or Sderot/Brurim, Israel
- Aankomend Int. Export Manager jonge groenteplanten
- Director of Hydroponic Production - Madrid, Spain
- Non-Executive Directors
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Kenyan investor dumps oil shares worth $800,000 in exchange for avocados
- Young Philippine scientist claims diabetes cure could be found in aratiles
- "The avocado sector is about to undergo radical changes"
- “The collapse of Jet Airways really caused logistical issues for us”
- Frost damage may cause up to 85% reduction in Polish apple harvest
Ghana fresh cut pineapple exports earned $53m in 2016
The SC variety which has been widely produced and exported in Ghana since the 1980’s, was abandoned by farmers as a result of a varietal shift to an increasing high demand for the MD2 pineapple variety by importers in the EU in 2005.
As a result of this shift in market demand for MD2, Ghana has seen a decline in the volume of exports - with smallholder farmers who contributed between 35 – 50% of the export volume of pineapple before 2004, bearing the brunt.
Addressing stakeholders at Bomart Farms Nsawam, Ms Kekeli Klenam, Chief Executive of GEPA, said the project aimed to address weak supply chains to the processing firms and also to promote exports of air- freighted Smooth Cayenne pineapples into a niche market in the EU.
She said GEPA has, as part of the implementation of the National Export Strategy (NES), developed a comprehensive four-year work plan for the revitalization of the smooth cayenne variety of pineapple, for both fresh and high value processed markets..
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-04-30 Tong grading line sows seeds for a productive future at B&C Farming
- 2019-04-30 Sorma Group at the 2019 European Packaging Forum
- 2019-04-29 The end of plasticulture will involve a lot of cardboard
- 2019-04-26 Graziani Packaging: new markets abroad for the Italian company
- 2019-04-25 Where to for packaging in a war-on-waste world?
- 2019-04-24 Dutch plastic specialist contributes to reduction of plastic packaging
- 2019-04-23 ROP moves forward on cutting plastic waste
- 2019-04-22 New environmentally friendly packaging improves shelf life of mushrooms
- 2019-04-19 Schur®Star Zip-Pop Bag wins Packaging Innovation Award
- 2019-04-18 Move from cups and shakers to small bags for snack mini tomatoes
- 2019-04-17 Sealing the future for automated tray and flow wrap packing
- 2019-04-16 Trend for less packaging material offers new opportunities for suppliers
- 2019-04-15 How to efficiently classify blueberries?
- 2019-04-12 "The key was a reliable system that produced the same package time and time again cost effectively."
- 2019-04-11 Inprinting of preprinted films is trending in soft fruit
- 2019-04-10 How to accentuate freshness with your packaging choices
- 2019-04-09 UK: Fieldwork Robotics wins funding to accelerate development of fruit-picking robot
- 2019-04-08 Trends in packaging: recycling, fewer and alternative materials
- 2019-04-05 Italy: Asparagus and strawberry harvesting machines
- 2019-04-04 What it means for mechanical engineering as in Palletizing?