- Lighting Applications Specialist - Beamsville (Ontario) Canada
- Senior Product Manager Young Plants
- (Senior) Sourcing Manager Soft Fruit
- IPM Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Labor Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Human Resources Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Assistant Grower - Morehead (KY) USA
- Head Grower - Morehead (KY) USA
- General Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Greenhouse Installation Specialist - Hallam, Victoria, Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Florette acquires MyFresh from William Jackson Food Group
The deal, struck for an undisclosed sum, sees Wigan-based MyFresh Prepared Produce and William Jackson Food Group retain MyFresh Chicksands, a business located further south in Bedfordshire.
Wigan-based MyFresh Prepared Produce is a salad and vegetable product supplier and employs 300 people. After the acquisition, the company will continue to operate from its current location in Lancashire. Florette said it plans to further develop the business and invest in its new asset.
Doug Robertson, managing director of Florette's operations in the UK and Ireland, said:
"MyFresh is a successful business that complements our existing operations and will help us to grow in the convenience retail and food service markets - both of which are showing consistent levels of growth and allows us to meet consumers' needs for healthy food options, whatever the channel."
The acquisition follows that of beetroot product business Axgro Foods by Florette in 2016.
At the end of last year, Florette said it planned to invest EUR12m (US$13.1m at October 2016 exchange rates) during 2017 in what it described at the time as its "highest investment effort so far".
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-04-19 Schur®Star Zip-Pop Bag wins Packaging Innovation Award
- 2019-04-18 Move from cups and shakers to small bags for snack mini tomatoes
- 2019-04-17 Sealing the future for automated tray and flow wrap packing
- 2019-04-16 Trend for less packaging material offers new opportunities for suppliers
- 2019-04-15 How to efficiently classify blueberries?
- 2019-04-12 "The key was a reliable system that produced the same package time and time again cost effectively."
- 2019-04-11 Inprinting of preprinted films is trending in soft fruit
- 2019-04-10 How to accentuate freshness with your packaging choices
- 2019-04-09 UK: Fieldwork Robotics wins funding to accelerate development of fruit-picking robot
- 2019-04-08 Trends in packaging: recycling, fewer and alternative materials
- 2019-04-05 Italy: Asparagus and strawberry harvesting machines
- 2019-04-04 What it means for mechanical engineering as in Palletizing?
- 2019-04-03 “Our perforated windows are unique, 100% recyclable, and move faster through the packer”
- 2019-04-02 Sealed pack Ozone treatment kills moulds, yeast and human pathogens
- 2019-04-01 Extraction solution for potato and onion packer, Awex, in Poland
- 2017-08-31 Rhubarb productivity increased with ULMA packaging equipment
- 2017-08-30 Researchers use Plasma-Processed air to boost fresh cut shelf life
- 2017-08-29 Ghana fresh cut pineapple exports earned $53m in 2016
- 2017-08-28 ABL spa funds research on the effects of processing machinery on fruit quality
- 2017-08-25 Freshtime Five in the running for national recognition