- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Key Account / Sales manager Fruit - DACH
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
- Sales specialist Vertical Farming North America / Europe
- Key Account Manager | Fresh Produce | Hamburg
- International Business Developer Indoor Farming
- Sales & Product Development Coordinator - Thornlands (QLD) Australia
- Sales Person
Top 5 -yesterday
- GLOBAL OVERVIEW MANGOES
- “By investing in the farm, we have more control of how things are done"
- "Having introduced the conventional bananas now in Sweden we are looking to introduce our brand into Europe”
- The popularity of a unique exotic fruit set to soar in Australia in coming seasons
- PolyNatural is moving to US to be close with clients from the apple and pear organic market
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Delta Agrar becomes official partner for apple varieties in Russia
“We are proud to announce that Delta Agrar became the official partner for the Balkan Region and for Russia for new and exciting brand apple varieties: Rubens, Isaaq and Red moon, which will be in production next spring. Furthermore, our company agreed to have Sweet Tango in trial production.” said Julka Toskić from Delta Agrar.
Toskić went on to expound on their current exclusive production and distribution of various varieties to the Balkan Region:
"At this moment our company is the exclusive producer and distributor for the Balkan region and nonexclusive distributor for the Russian market for Modi, Kiku and Evelina apples."
“Besides more hectares for new apple varieties, Delta Agrar constantly increases storage capacities. Of course we will continue with market development in the Balkan region for branded varieties and on the Russian market as well. This will be very challenging.”
Brand projects and apple varieties
After five years of the successful production of commercial apple varieties such as Golden and Red Delicious, Granny Smith, Gala and Breaburn, Delta Agrar began entering brand apples projects. Toskić explains:
“Our first partnership was in 2012, with Italian C.I.V., a company from Ferrara for the production and distribution of Modi apples, later followed by company KIKU S.R.L./GMBH from Girlan, Italy, for KIKU apples, and lastly with Star Fruits from France, for the testing of the production of Pink Lady apples in 2014. For Pink lady, we are now in finishing a 3-year testing period in the Balkan Region,”
Toskić continues: “For club variety apples, we faced several big challenges, starting with learning production management of these special varieties, then learning about special storage management. But the main challenge was, and still is, to make an effort to develop the market for new varieties and to implement different marketing strategies in order to successfully introduce new varieties to consumers."
She states that they had a hard time entering the market as many consumers didn't see the benefits of the new varieties. However, over time and with proper health based marketing he says they taught shoppers the differences.
Staying competitive on the European market
Toskić goes on to discuss how the company fights competition in Europe:
“Traditionally, the main export market for Serbian apples is the Russian one, although our company has customers in the EU as well. With the production of high-quality and safe apples, by achieving high and stable yields, by being able to fulfil a wide range of customer-demand, and by having implemented all necessary quality standards, every company can be competitive.”
Autoput za Zagreb 35,
11070 Belgrade, Serbia
Tel: +381 11 201 23 33
Mob: + 381 64 83 44 254
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-14 More winter strawberries harvested in Italy
- 2022-01-14 “Melon cultivation modernization not making up for increasing costs”
- 2022-01-14 Peruvian frozen strawberry exports increased by 50% in 2021
- 2022-01-14 China: Winter strawberries to grab the "fresh" market
- 2022-01-14 “The Legend apple is also available in organic”
- 2022-01-14 Free State apple packer expects 35% increase in volumes this year
- 2022-01-14 Australian melon growers remain resilient, despite many challenges
- 2022-01-14 "The pandemic has made us realize that we are capable of reinventing ourselves and has made us all much more professional"
- 2022-01-14 Chilean fresh fruit exports have increased by almost 8% over the previous season
- 2022-01-14 UK: Aldi and Somerset farm collaboration offers winter strawberries year-round
- 2022-01-14 PolyNatural is moving to US to be close with clients from the apple and pear organic market
- 2022-01-14 "Argentina exports 8,500 tons of fresh blueberries in this campaign"
- 2022-01-13 Staay Food Group prepares for another Costa Rican melon season
- 2022-01-13 Logistics problems and high costs pressure melon industry
- 2022-01-13 Wakkerstroom farm makes sure apple quality trumps yield
- 2022-01-13 "Quite good red currant demand but hospitality closure is making it hard to get good prices"
- 2022-01-13 Two hectares of blueberry plantation in Lucena del Puerto were robbed
- 2022-01-13 "Supply chains are disrupted, from absent patrons to distributors to the industry"
- 2022-01-13 Nominations opening for watermelon promotion board
- 2022-01-13 Incentives working, but more people needed for Otago summerfruit harvest