- Quality Assurance Manager
- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
- Commercial Key Account Manager
- Agriculture Sales engineer France & European zone
- Area Sales Manager Benelux
- Cultivation specialist / Growers for Amerika
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager
- Area Manager South Germany
- Senior Buyer | Fresh Produce | Ireland
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- ‘EU citrus ban due to false codling moth not politically motivated’
- GLOBAL MARKET OVERVIEW GARLIC
- "We have noticed that oranges are losing ground and mandarin consumption is on the rise"
- Something sweet out of the bitterness of a citrus season gone awry
- Consumers are buying more frozen vegetables because they are a healthy cheaper option
Top 5 -last month
- Vegetable trade war between Botswana and South Africa escalates
- Europe puts a lid on organic orange production in South Africa
- Citrus exporter: Appeal to shipping lines met with “an arrogance that astonishes me”
- Faster avocado growing method developed by Israeli researchers
- New potato disease found in North Dakota and Minnesota
Agro Merchants extends services through Port of Savannah
“We are very excited to work with the AGRO Merchants team on our Peruvian grape program in Savannah. Their superb customer service has been evident since day one and their reputation as an expert third-party service provider in the perishable industry is well founded,” says Jose Antonio Martinez, Chief Operating Officer of Divine Flavor.
The fresh Peruvian table grapes will be delivered to retailers located in the Southeast and Midwest U.S. Besides cost savings in transportation, the proximity of the Port of Savannah to Divine Flavor’s customers will save up to five days in delivery, allowing retailers to offer the freshest products to their customers.
In response to the rising market demand for fresh produce to be handled through the growing Savannah seaport, AGRO modified part of the nearly 400,000 square feet of the Nordic frozen facility into a chilled refrigerated space. The converted space is an interim solution while the company completes construction of a new facility in the Port of Savannah.
To ensure the process AGRO engaged with Lucca Cold Storage, a member of AGRO Merchants Group, offering cold storage and value-added services supporting the fresh produce industry at the Port of Philadelphia.
CBP Agriculture and USDA inspections were completed on site at Nordic, which is now a certified Container Freight Station and legal extension of the Port of Savannah. “Completing the inspections on site at Nordic is vitally important to our customers and to AGRO. It allows our customers to import fresh produce from all over the world and ensure the cold chain is never broken,” said Don Schoenl, President of AGRO Merchants Group North America.
4300 Pleasantdale Rd
Atlanta, GA 30340
Mob : 208 989 5287
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-09-27 New Felixstowe strikes exacerbate problems in fragile UK supply chain
- 2022-09-27 "Consider a direct route or have a synergy arrangement to ensure ease of movement for both goods and passengers"
- 2022-09-27 UK port operating firms invest over US$18 million in Southampton container capabilities
- 2022-09-26 Intra-Asia rates out of India crash amid tightening market conditions
- 2022-09-23 “Blockchain technology makes wondering about missing crates a thing of the past"
- 2022-09-23 "An important goods hub for Vienna for 50 years"
- 2022-09-23 COSCO delays investment in Hamburg terminal
- 2022-09-23 Ramp up in Golden Week capacity reductions
- 2022-09-23 Congestion is shifting from more visible to less visible regions of the world
- 2022-09-23 Suez Canal price increases to affect trade in Sub-Saharan and East Africa
- 2022-09-23 PHOTO REPORT Cool Logistics Global 2022
- 2022-09-23 Russia's Black Sea container traffic is down, but not as much as predicted
- 2022-09-23 MSC adds Port of Jeddah to Global Liner Service Network
- 2022-09-22 Perishable hubs of the future and cold chain connectivity
- 2022-09-22 Number 2 US port sees consumer demand easing
- 2022-09-22 Importers discuss squeezed grower margins and record profits for shipping lines
- 2022-09-22 Dropping container freight rates take a toll on newer & smaller players
- 2022-09-22 Port of Gothenburg: New project for local intermediate container storage
- 2022-09-22 Gruber Logistics and Universal Transport step into the future together
- 2022-09-21 Exporters take advantage of Air India’s thrice-a-week Amritsar to London flight