- Product Manager - United States
- Sales Manager
- Account Manager
- Aweta Sales Director Italy and Spain
- Junior Account Manager - Central Europe
- Post-Harvest Quality Manager - Avocado
- Senior Technical Lead - Beamsville (ON) Canada
- General Manager - Buswa, Uganda
- Head Grower - Jordan (ON) Canada
- KAM DE/AT/IT/BE/NL - Valencia, Spain
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Good weather has positive effect on South African grapes
Orange River Region
This region is experiencing a good season thus far, although sugar development is slower than expected. The quality and berry size is on standard, while no problems are experienced with colour development. Harvesting of the early cultivars in the region are in full swing and might be completed within the next two weeks.
Packing is proceeding well, while weather conditions are good in general. Most of the producers in the region completed the packing of the early cultivars like Prime Seedless and Grapaes (Early Sweet). The region experienced sporadic rain, which has had a minimal impact on the harvest thus far. The cooler weather was welcomed by producers as it aides colour development.
Weather conditions were very good. Some damage was caused to Red Globe and Tawny due to a spike in temperature two weeks ago. However, this did not affect producers in the region as the volumes are returning to normal after the drought of the 2015/2016 season. Some areas within the region were experiencing low sugars but the forecasted hotter weather could have a positive effect on this crucial aspect.
Altough the Berg River and Hex River regions have not started packing yet, they are experiencing favourable weather conditions. The development of the grapes is good and generally on standard for this time of the season.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2021-09-21 Eastern apples now available
- 2021-09-21 Iran intends to export two million tons of fruit
- 2021-09-21 Turkmen company exports vegetables and fruits to Russia, Kazakhstan
- 2021-09-21 High stocks, low prices, pessimistic expectations in Chinese apple market
- 2021-09-21 Dayton apple yields are 20% lower after summer heat wave
- 2021-09-21 Florida blueberry growers remain cautiously optimistic
- 2021-09-21 Apple auctions - prices slightly higher than 2020
- 2021-09-21 Quality is made in the field but a new base variety is needed
- 2021-09-21 "This year, the yields and the quality of the Italia variety grapes are extraordinary"
- 2021-09-21 Zero residue blueberries are leading to a major leap forward
- 2021-09-20 Possibility of new hectares for Candine apples
- 2021-09-20 One more month to go before the end of the Sicilian peach and nectarine campaign
- 2021-09-20 Incorporating post-harvest technology to table grapes
- 2021-09-20 Serbia: Apple harvest starting in coming weeks
- 2021-09-20 World peach and nectarine production for 2021/22 is forecast to edge up slightly to 21.8 million MT
- 2021-09-20 Apple prices in Belarus are among the highest in the region due to government regulation
- 2021-09-20 Russia sharply increased imports of watermelon from Uzbekistan and Turkey, setting a new record
- 2021-09-20 South Korean consumers' interest in expensive, unconventional fruit prompts farmers to switch crops
- 2021-09-20 Mexico meets 77% of the domestic demand for apples
- 2021-09-20 Alfred E. Chave adds apples and pears to its range