- Commercial Manager UK or Holland
- Accountmanager Europe LED Cultivation
- Executive Director, Stakeholder Relations & Industry Growth - Canada
- Marketing Manager - Chicago IL
- Sales and Trading
- Grower and Project Planner Vertical Farming - Aarhus - Denmark
- Offre d’emploi de Responsable Commercial Senior Sales Manager
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America, Argentina, Ecuador, Columbia
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Pineland Farms Potato Co signs with Sam's Club
Rodney McCrum, president and chief operating officer of Pineland Farms Potato Co., said delivery of the company's products to Sam's Club stores would begin within a month. "It's a foot in the door for us," he said in a telephone interview Thursday afternoon. "Our hope is that we expand into more Sam's Club stores in the future," he said.
He's hopeful it will lead to additional opportunities with the Walmart division that reported revenues of $58 billion in fiscal year 2015 and has 649 stores nationwide. "This new partnership will help us continue to create jobs for young men and women across Aroostook County," he said.
The company also launched a $3 million upgrade of its mashed potato production line this year, he added.
McCrum reported the company's employment now stands at 180 workers, with 60 new jobs added since August 2014, and noted sales are running 38% ahead of the same period a year ago.
Pineland Farms' mashed potatoes are served in Applebee's, Logan's Roadhouse, 99 Restaurant & Pub, O'Charley's, Pizzeria Uno and Famous Dave's. Packaged mashed potatoes and cut potatoes bearing the Pineland Farms brand are sold in supermarkets like Publix, Hannaford, Market Basket, Shop Rite and Big Y.
Collins said in the release that the contract showcases the best of Maine — "all-natural ingredients and small-scale agriculture" — and expands Pineland Farms' reaching into supermarkets throughout New England.
For more information, visit www.pinelandpotatoes.com
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-28 Pairwise welcomes former Walmart Executive to Board of Directors
- 2022-01-28 Fresh Select’s John Said elected as Australian Fresh Produce Alliance Chair
- 2022-01-28 Two Dutch growers associations partner to auction cucumbers
- 2022-01-28 France: Cancel Fruits becomes Vergers Cancel
- 2022-01-28 France: Engaging fresh produce SMEs in a CSR approach
- 2022-01-28 Fruitalyst – global fruit marketing company rebranded
- 2022-01-28 “We should be conscious that these increasing investments will demand payback”
- 2022-01-28 Gakon Netafim and Tomatoworld sign partnership agreement
- 2022-01-28 AgCode celebrates 20th anniversary
- 2022-01-27 Aigen raises a $4 mln seed led by NEA
- 2022-01-27 Turkish potato equipment manufacturer aims to become worldwide brand
- 2022-01-27 Texas produce industry leaders inducted into Hall of Fame
- 2022-01-27 Easyfresh and Global Consult Agro team up
- 2022-01-27 AGQ Labs has a new agri-food laboratory in Almeria
- 2022-01-27 New technical commercial director for Nijssen
- 2022-01-27 Dutch firm designs Russian fruit importer's new state-of-the-art DC
- 2022-01-27 AgBiome receives grant to continue developing effective crop protection solutions for farmers in Sub-Saharan Africa
- 2022-01-27 Hema Supply Chain New Technology Shortlisted for International Awards
- 2022-01-27 "Since our integration into Westfalia Fruit International, we have experienced strong growth"
- 2022-01-27 South Africa’s Sun Exchange plans African expansion