- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Key Account / Sales manager Fruit - DACH
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
- Sales specialist Vertical Farming North America / Europe
- Key Account Manager | Fresh Produce | Hamburg
- International Business Developer Indoor Farming
- Sales & Product Development Coordinator - Thornlands (QLD) Australia
- Sales Person
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Karl Klees GmbH
Poor quality shipped mangoes lead to tensions
The stand of Karl Klees GmbH on the Düsseldorf wholesale market.
This situation leads to some tensions on the market. "The ratio between supply and demand is currently extremely unbalanced," Schmitt tells. "The customers' interest is currently larger than the availability of good products. While the prices of other exotic fruits on the wholesale market are mostly showing stable behaviour, the situation with the mangoes in particular, stands out.
Because the products being sold at the moment are almost exclusively flown in, the prices of mangoes are also rising. "Flown-in mangoes cost almost three to four times as much as products brought in by ship," the wholesale trader reports.
The team of Karl Klees. Fourth from the left: Dieter Schmitt
The expert sees the reason for the conditional weakness of exotic fruit in the degree of ripeness. "The fruits were harvested way too early, and loaded while quite unripe," says Dieter Schmitt. "Then they are en route by ship for three to four weeks and do not get to properly post-ripen. the result: the fruit does not taste good and aren't much good."
Karl Klees GmbH
Ulmenstraße 275, 40468 Düsseldorf
Tel.: +49 (0211) 4220185
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-17 "Low-priced Thai ginger takes over from Chinese ginger in Southeast Asian markets"
- 2022-01-17 "Chinese import ban on Taiwanese pineapples may not have a significant impact on the market conditions of domestic pineapples"
- 2022-01-17 Increased ginger production overseas limits the export of Chinese ginger
- 2022-01-17 Taiwan applies zero customs tariffs to 25 kinds of import products from Honduras
- 2022-01-17 Western Australian avocados smashing it in Japan
- 2022-01-17 Avocados among Mexican products with highest demand in the US
- 2022-01-17 Kenya: Vigilantes hired to combat gangs that steal avocados
- 2022-01-17 Persimmon acreage increases threefold in Fergana region of Uzbekistan
- 2022-01-14 Second avocado processing facility opened, in state-owned Yirgalem Agro-processing Park
- 2022-01-14 Evening out global avocado supplies
- 2022-01-14 "Production volume and product quality of Thai fragrant coconuts improved, but due to the pandemic, the export volume still declined"
- 2022-01-14 The Pickering: a new mango variety
- 2022-01-14 The popularity of a unique exotic fruit set to soar in Australia in coming seasons
- 2022-01-14 Ellips and Elisam launch new deep learning system at Tzur Farms
- 2022-01-14 “By investing in the farm, we have more control of how things are done"
- 2022-01-13 Palestinian establishes first dragon fruit farm in West Bank
- 2022-01-13 Collaboration with Chinese scientists can help ginger cultivation in Pakistan
- 2022-01-13 "The mango market suffered a blow, in week 1"
- 2022-01-13 Protect crops calculating every detail
- 2022-01-13 Peruvian mango exports have increased by 73% so far in this campaign