- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Key Account / Sales manager Fruit - DACH
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
- Sales specialist Vertical Farming North America / Europe
- Key Account Manager | Fresh Produce | Hamburg
- International Business Developer Indoor Farming
- Sales & Product Development Coordinator - Thornlands (QLD) Australia
- Sales Person
Top 5 -yesterday
- GLOBAL OVERVIEW MANGOES
- “By investing in the farm, we have more control of how things are done"
- "Having introduced the conventional bananas now in Sweden we are looking to introduce our brand into Europe”
- The popularity of a unique exotic fruit set to soar in Australia in coming seasons
- PolyNatural is moving to US to be close with clients from the apple and pear organic market
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Expansion of the Thanet Earth site are still in hand:
UK: Cornerways ends cooperation with The Greenery, joins Thanet Earth
The new agreement gives Thanet Earth the marketing rights to the Cornerways' crop for national retailers and links the two companies in a long term arrangement. According to a new release, the deal will bring 'exciting opportunities for both partners'.
Cornerways 18 hectare greenhouse operation in Norfolk.
In addition to the Thanet Earth's existing tomato acreage (18 hectares across two greenhouses), and factoring in the Thanet Earth 52-week lit production model, this deal takes the volume of UK-grown tomatoes marketed by Thanet Earth to some 25%.
The 4 greenhouses at Thanet Earth. Plans to continue the expansion of the Thanet Earth site are very much still in hand. Further exciting news is expected soon.
Thanet Earth, a joint venture owned by Fresca Group, Kaaij UK, Rainbow Growers and A&A Growers, is a state-of-the-art greenhouse development area in Kent. When completed, the site will feature seven enormous greenhouses, producing tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers. So far, four of the greenhouses have been constructed and are fully operational alongside an on-site packhouse. Plans to continue the expansion of the Thanet Earth site are very much still in hand. "Further exciting news is expected soon", said the joint venture in a news release.
Discussing the deal, Thanet Earth managing director, Des Kingsley, said: “Building on a hugely successful period of operation to date, the team has generated strong momentum and delivered excellence in every respect. This significant new achievement builds on this progress, and we’ll be working closely to make sure we make the most of this great opportunity.”
Patrick Harte, general manager of Cornerways Nursery is also looking forward to working with Thanet Earth. He said, “Cornerways are delighted to have signed a 5-year agreement with Thanet Earth. It is great for us to have a partnership with a forward thinking partner with a similar set of ambitions and values.”
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-14 Trading update for Q4 and full year 2021
- 2022-01-14 Christine Behr appointed as Chief Sales Officer
- 2022-01-14 Machine order from Kurdistan actually human trafficking front
- 2022-01-14 Mission veteran SVP of sales and marketing retires
- 2022-01-14 APH Group acquires Agri 2.0 and continues growth in Russia and Ukraine
- 2022-01-14 Bolthouse Farms new immunity beverages provide a daily dose of immunity support
- 2022-01-13 The importance of mineral nutrition in plants' tolerance to diseases
- 2022-01-13 Pete Pappas & Sons welcomes new GM
- 2022-01-13 Dole seeks acquisitions to grow produce supply
- 2022-01-12 Akorn receives EU approval for its edible coatings for fresh fruit shelf-life extension
- 2022-01-12 "Joining forces allows us to supply figs year-round"
- 2022-01-12 2021 surpasses 2020 produce sales in dollars but volume didn’t hold the line
- 2022-01-12 New Northeast distribution center for avocado supplier
- 2022-01-12 AgDevCo attracts local investor to grow food crops in the Babator irrigated farming-hub
- 2022-01-12 Zeder sells stake in The Logistics Group
- 2022-01-12 M&S appoint Monaghan as new plant kitchen supplier
- 2022-01-12 LondonMetric Property Plc announces acquisition of cold storage and logistics warehouse development
- 2022-01-12 Swedish agtech raises €16,6 million to expand endeavors in Europe
- 2022-01-12 Abu Dhabi-based tech company Silal appoints Salmeen Obaid Alameri as CEO
- 2022-01-12 Port of LA applauds governor Newsom's plan to invest $2.3 bln in California ports