- Head Grower - Berries, New Zealand
- Grower - Morehead (KY) USA
- Africa Fruit Export Sales Manager (Africa Division)
- Fruit Export Junior Sales Manager (Europe Division)
- Horticulture Production Manager
- Farm Manager (Cherries) - BC, Canada
- Lead of Irrigation - Warren, MI USA
- Grower / Head Grower Canada
- Sales agents / representatives
- Tissue Culture Manager - Warren (MI) USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Anyone for a stoneless avocado?
- Critical juncture for lemons & grapefruit as soft citrus flies off the shelves
- "Large avocado volumes expected this summer"
- “The temperature contrasts in the mountains help make our blueberries unique”
- Amondel Pakkers revel in their new bespoke high-speed avocado packline
Top 5 -last month
Malawi farmers advised to diversify crops
The Secretary for Agriculture, Irrigation and Water Development Erica Maganga said Thursday that the advice is part of the mitigation measures to combat negative effects of the 2014/15 rainfall pattern which may affect production in some parts of the country.
“Farmers that are yet to plant maize are being encouraged to plant early maturing varieties. Millet and sorghum should also be considered in areas that these crops do well,” she said.
She added that farmers should use water harvesting technologies such as box ridges, swales and check dams to conserve moisture.
Some parts of Malawi have been receiving normal rains while others are receiving erratic rains in this rainy season.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-05-29 Maersk appoints new Svitzer chief
- 2020-05-29 USDA restricts PACA violators in Illinois and Texas
- 2020-05-28 Importance of horticulture recognized in government’s freshwater decisions
- 2020-05-28 Accumulation of goods in Kuwaiti ports may lead to crisis
- 2020-05-28 Spain extends extraordinary measures for the hiring of temporary workers until September 30
- 2020-05-25 Maryland confirms first spotted lanternfly hatch of 2020
- 2020-05-22 Bulgaria asked by EC to abolish requirement for more domestic goods in stores
- 2020-05-22 Statement from Tom Stenzel regarding USDA response
- 2020-05-21 USDA files actions against New Hampshire company for alleged PACA violations
- 2020-05-20 USDA will provide up to $2.1 billion in direct payments to specialty crop producers
- 2020-05-20 Labor costs in Spain increase by 30%
- 2020-05-19 USDA to transition to faster online produce import permit system this fall
- 2020-05-19 9 Murcian companies employ 5,500 workers
- 2020-05-18 Government measures regarding labor are not useful for summer harvests
- 2020-05-15 New Zealand Budget 2020 boosts primary industries jobs and strengthens biosecurity
- 2020-05-14 Norway and Finland reopen their borders to seasonal laborers
- 2020-05-13 USDA files against against Hawaiian company for alleged PACA violations
- 2020-05-12 USDA files action against California company for alleged PACA violations
- 2020-05-11 USDA approved $1.2 billion in contracts for Farmers to Families Food Box Program
- 2020-05-08 Kiwifruit growers appeal after Government confirmed as culprit behind release of devastating virus