- Quality Assurance Manager
- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
- Commercial Key Account Manager
- Agriculture Sales engineer France & European zone
- Area Sales Manager Benelux
- Cultivation specialist / Growers for Amerika
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager
- Area Manager South Germany
- Senior Buyer | Fresh Produce | Ireland
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- ‘EU citrus ban due to false codling moth not politically motivated’
- GLOBAL MARKET OVERVIEW GARLIC
- "We have noticed that oranges are losing ground and mandarin consumption is on the rise"
- Something sweet out of the bitterness of a citrus season gone awry
- Consumers are buying more frozen vegetables because they are a healthy cheaper option
Top 5 -last month
- Vegetable trade war between Botswana and South Africa escalates
- Europe puts a lid on organic orange production in South Africa
- Citrus exporter: Appeal to shipping lines met with “an arrogance that astonishes me”
- Faster avocado growing method developed by Israeli researchers
- New potato disease found in North Dakota and Minnesota
Excellent conditions produce perfect Tasmanian cherries
“Some good sunshine and warmth prior to the season commencing has allowed the fruit flavour complexity and brix to develop perfectly. We expect an increase in production but aligned with our predictions given a lighter crop last season.”
“Harvest will start in the Derent Valley in late December – around Christmas. We only produce cherries in Tasmania – currently growing only in the Derwent Valley in Tasmania but intend to plant high altitude orchards in other locations in 2015.”
The company hopes to increase its export to South Korea in particular, due to the FTA which came into effect on the 12th of December.
“China will continue to grow but we have a portfolio of over 25 countries and we see all of them playing a significant role in our marketing strategy. With the lower Australian Dollar we expect that we will re-enter several markets such as the USA and some European countries after an absence of many years due to the challenging exchange rate combined with tough economic times.“
Reid Fruits re-branded last season and is committed to producing the finest cherries for discerning cherry consumers around the world.
“Our Gold Kangaroo range of premium packaging reflects our commitment to the consumer. To complement our premium 2kg cherry cartons we have also launched a 1kg gift pack as well for export markets.”
For more information:
Mobile: +61 408 977725
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-09-27 Codru will focus on stone fruit in the coming years
- 2022-09-27 Millions proposed to fight fruit fly that threatens Michigan berries
- 2022-09-27 British Columbia's 2022 cranberry harvest is underway
- 2022-09-27 Grape breeder implores Chinese retailers to stop selling unauthorized versions of grape varieties
- 2022-09-27 A preview of the 2022-2023 Peru grape season
- 2022-09-27 "Ready to supply Chilean cherries to European retail"
- 2022-09-27 Exports commence of South Africa’s earliest peaches
- 2022-09-27 Jordanian date exports gaining momentum
- 2022-09-27 First Brazilian melons of the season arrive at Rotterdam Port
- 2022-09-27 "It is very difficult to expand exports because the logistics are still very difficult"
- 2022-09-27 "In these tough times, the strawberry sector must find solutions"
- 2022-09-27 Complex logistics situation obstructs melon exports
- 2022-09-27 UAE and Chile analyse their exchanges of fruits
- 2022-09-27 Moldova table grape season has started: higher quality but lower prices than expected
- 2022-09-27 Domestic apple volumes severely reduced in China, price of late-ripening Fuji has exceeded 12RMB/kg
- 2022-09-27 "This year, the Florida Pearl premium strawberry will reach the markets in Europe and the Gulf region"
- 2022-09-26 Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services: Exotic fruit flies eradicated from St. Petersburg area
- 2022-09-26 Talking apples at the University of Minnesota
- 2022-09-26 Strong demand for California grapes as produce options shift in fall
- 2022-09-26 Peru plans to export more than 600,000 tons of grapes in the 2022-2023 campaign