- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Key Account / Sales manager Fruit - DACH
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
- Sales specialist Vertical Farming North America / Europe
- Key Account Manager | Fresh Produce | Hamburg
- International Business Developer Indoor Farming
- Sales & Product Development Coordinator - Thornlands (QLD) Australia
- Sales Person
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
US (CA): Better tomato prices for autumn
Entering the autumn market, tomato demand is high, while production may be low. Tomato prices have been stable for the last few years; however they are currently experiencing an increase.
“Hurricane Odile hit the Southern Baja California Peninsula which destroyed tomato crop and put pressure on the autumn supplies,” explains Ricardo Crisantes of Wholesum Family Farms in Arizona which is also experiencing threats from the weather.
“September and October have been exceptionally rainy for us, and we experienced low light levels.”
Growers of Arizona tomatoes compete with imports from both Mexico and Canada. Wholesum Family Farms distinguishes itself in delivering certified organically grown produce year-round. While retaining their acreage from previous years, they are enthusiastic about the autumn season. “It has been our best start in Arizona since we established production in November 2012,” reflects Crisantes, “The plants look strong and healthy so we expect a good crop.”
For more information contact:
Wholesum Family Farms Inc.
Tel: (520) 281-9233 Ext. 104
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-17 Maharashtra: Erratic weather expected to reduce tomato, onion and potato yields
- 2022-01-17 "If you want to make a true difference, you have to take the time to show how great chicory is"
- 2022-01-17 "We are not going to allow a single industrial tomato contract to be signed below € 105 per ton"
- 2022-01-17 "Excessive speculation with garlic causes unnecessary market disruptions"
- 2022-01-17 "Import volume of Egyptian organic pumpkins can be expected to increase by 400 tons"
- 2022-01-17 "Chinese garlic price likely to remain stable in the near future, but Spanish garlic has a huge impact on Chinese garlic export"
- 2022-01-17 AUSVEG CEO raises key issues affecting vegetable and potato growers
- 2022-01-17 "The consumption of sweet corn has evolved in recent decades and every year it rises in all countries"
- 2022-01-14 "Dithmarschen offers optimal conditions for summer broccoli and cauliflower cultivation"
- 2022-01-14 Young Guyanese to tap into multi-billion-dollar vegetable market
- 2022-01-14 "No more winter peaks or summer dips"
- 2022-01-14 Grower-shipper expands Caborca, Mexico asparagus deal
- 2022-01-14 US: Retail prices for collard greens fall during holiday seasons even as demand rises
- 2022-01-14 Russian Federation allows tomato & pepper imports from 10 Uzbek companies
- 2022-01-14 Georgia imported record volume of tomatoes in December 2021
- 2022-01-14 New project aims for more pest-resilient food options in Bangladesh and the Philippines
- 2022-01-14 Value of Irish horticulture exports up by 14% in 2021
- 2022-01-14 Green zucchini prices on the up after the holidays, bell pepper prices stable
- 2022-01-14 "Spanish green beans are currently fetching good prices"
- 2022-01-14 Microgreens: the future of agriculture?