Top 5 -yesterday
- California stone fruit growers remain watchful following recent rains
- "Export price of Chinese ginger increased by nearly 30% compared to last month"
- Seven produce industry trends of 2022
- Tshwane market closed in crackdown on non-compliances with labor and immigration law
- "I can't remember when Brix levels have ever been as high"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Schoeman Boerdery extends a hand to a hundred rural communities
- No workforce means that fruit remains on trees
- “Japanese market is very demanding when it comes to fruit quality”
- “Citrus from South Africa, Egypt, Morocco and Argentina are highly sought after in Baltic”
- Fate of South African oranges en route to Europe discussed at highest political levels
5 & 6 November The Netherlands
International Danespo variety presentation 2014
Danespo breeding station, LKF-Vandel and associated private breeders have put more than 20 potato varieties on the market of which now approx. 10,000 hectares are grown in the EU.
In the last decennia enormous progress has been made in yield capacity, internal quality and presentation of the company's potatoes. "This should always be in balance with the security for growing these varieties," according to Peter van Eerdt. "The breeders efforts and marketing progress are made visible in the international potato variety presentation in Creil, Holland at the local restaurant Poortershuys which will be the Danespo meeting point for a few days."
This year Danespo has a special focus on their fast developing and high yielding variety for french fries, crisps & flakes - ROYAL and the multipurpose variety CRONOS which has high nematode resistance (Ro1,4,Pa 2,3), scab and virus. For export to Southern countries CIMEGA is the big ace.
For more information:
Peter van Eerdt
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-10 ‘Reasonable prices for onions or protests will follow’
- 2022-08-10 South Korea slashes tariffs on Chinese onions to combat inflation
- 2022-08-10 Rwandan farmers eagerly await GE disease-resistant potato
- 2022-08-10 "Its our task to get the same resistance into table and chip potatoes as well"
- 2022-08-10 DMN sprout suppressant receives GB authorisation
- 2022-08-09 Filipino government considers white onions importation
- 2022-08-09 Potato growers ask McCain Foods for 78% price increase
- 2022-08-09 Egyptian sweet potato season has become more challenging every year
- 2022-08-09 Tajikistan bans onion exports
- 2022-08-08 Tasmanian growers start dropping potatoes after price negotiations with Simplot stall
- 2022-08-08 Maharashtra growers threaten to halt onion supplies from August 16
- 2022-08-08 Wisconsin Yellow potato harvest has begun
- 2022-08-08 Queens continue to be lifted this week in Ireland
- 2022-08-08 'Clock is ticking for Scottish seed potato exports’
- 2022-07-22 Overall European onion demand gaining but still below past years
- 2022-07-22 Reduced seeded acreage in 2022 due to multiple factors
- 2022-07-22 Washington acreage estimated to be up 5,000 acres or 3.1% over 2021 crop
- 2022-07-22 "Consumers have become noticeably more price-sensitive, which is why we are still able to do well with alternative products"
- 2022-07-21 Red onions from Acquaviva also appreciated by European markets
- 2022-07-21 Irish home consumption and retail sales take a hit due to soaring temperatures