Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Schoeman Boerdery extends a hand to a hundred rural communities
- No workforce means that fruit remains on trees
- “Japanese market is very demanding when it comes to fruit quality”
- “Citrus from South Africa, Egypt, Morocco and Argentina are highly sought after in Baltic”
- Tight banana supplies push up pricing
Marlene donates 20,000 Euros to cancer charity
From last May until today, four images have been published on the Marlene® Facebook page, and the aim has been to reach 5,000 share clicks for each image. For each share, the VOG Consortium committed itself to pay aecc €1, up to a maximum of €5,000 for each image.
And so last week in Madrid, having passed the total of 20,000 share clicks, VOG Director Gerhard Dichgans met with Isabel Martínez-Noriega Campuzano, aecc head of external relations, for the official handing over of a cheque for €20,000.
"We are extremely satisfied with this result, and we hope the initiative will have contributed to making Spanish Facebook users more aware of the importance of the activities carried out by the Asociación Española Contra el Cáncer” commented Gerhard Dichgans.
Isabel Martínez-Noriega Campuzano explained that "This kind of collaboration means a lot for our association, because it demonstrates social commitment to the problem of cancer. And the contribution of commercial companies is essential in our effort to reduce the damage done by cancer, through improving the lives of those who suffer from it, and their families."
The aecc is one of Spain's biggest NGOs, active for over 60 years in tirelessly helping cancer patients and their families. Marlene's support for this body is a significant addition to other charity initiatives it has been part of in recent months. Especially notable is its role as sponsor of the 2014 Carrera de la Mujer, an itinerant women's marathon project designed to stimulate awareness of the importance of a healthy lifestyle in reducing the risk of breast cancer. The Carrera has already visited 7 Spanish cities, and its final event of the year will be in Zaragoza on 9 November.
For further information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-12 Revenue increased 20.4% vs. prior year to $243.5 million
- 2022-08-12 McDonald's Canada and McCain Foods partner to launch the $1M Future of Potato Farming Fund
- 2022-08-12 New traceability technology working group launches
- 2022-08-12 Hapag-Lloyd announces very good results - first half year of 2022
- 2022-08-12 Supplier to Aldi, Booths and HelloFresh owed over £1.3 mln when it entered administration
- 2022-08-12 Yang Ming reports US$4 billion profit
- 2022-08-11 Fresh Express kicks off Fresh On the Go promotion and releases new online content
- 2022-08-11 4th Annual Chef Invitational finalists and People’s Choice winner announced
- 2022-08-11 Crystal Valley Foods welcomes back team member
- 2022-08-11 Greenfield container port projects back in favour with terminal operators
- 2022-08-11 “It is like a marathon run, and we want to finish first!”
- 2022-08-11 Oscar and Victor van Turenhout launch OV Fruit
- 2022-08-10 Benson Hill announces second quarter 2022 financial results
- 2022-08-10 Calavo Growers, Inc. names Helen Kurtz to lead Prepared Segment
- 2022-08-10 McFarland fruit-breeding facility expected to attract talent, partner companies
- 2022-08-10 JBT Corporation reports second quarter 2022 results and signs definitive agreement to acquire Bevcorp
- 2022-08-10 Greenhouse grower purchases 75-acre greenhouse in Jalisco, Mexico
- 2022-08-10 AgroFresh Solutions reports results for second quarter and first half of 2022
- 2022-08-10 Sydney Markets Ltd launches new brand logo and identity
- 2022-08-10 Limoneira celebrates 130th anniversary