- Offre d’emploi de Responsable Commercial Senior Sales Manager
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Key Account / Sales manager Fruit - DACH
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
- Sales specialist Vertical Farming North America / Europe
- Key Account Manager | Fresh Produce | Hamburg
Top 5 -yesterday
- “More than 7,000 cherry containers are coming to Hong Kong port; slow custom clearance is a problem”
- Vertically integrated berry producer launches in Ontario
- Giant capsicums appearing in Australian supermarkets
- How did cherry trees in North Okanagan weather the recent freeze?
- "Sweet potato demand bound to rise"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Vitacress moves to peat free grown salad cress
Numerous studies undertaken by Vitacress have consistently identified the wood pulp substrate to be the optimum method of crop production. With a stronger water holding capacity than previous production methods, the new wood pulp substrate offsets cress dehydration, ensuring a longer and healthier plant life.
Removing peat from Salad Cress production is an important step forward in the process of completely removing peat from the Vitacress business by the Government deadline of 2030. The carbon benefits are twofold, firstly the CO2 that was released from collecting peat is avoided and secondly the new substrate requires less transportation, which will reduce lorry loads from 13 to just 3 per year. The chosen substrate is a completely natural material, created by processing of pine trees grown with a sustainable planting system, for every tree harvested during the production, another three trees are planted.
Scoring high in appearance, texture and overall liking, Leatherhead Food Research found that many consumers regarded the new wood pulp substrate to be environmentally friendly and cleaner within the household.
Vitacress have been growing UK salad cress for over 40 years and supply around 12 million punnets to UK retailers and food service customers.
For more information:
Vitacress Herbs press office
Tel: 0044 1189 475956
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-20 Vertically integrated berry producer launches in Ontario
- 2022-01-20 "Our facility can be customized based on your needs and type of crop"
- 2022-01-20 Couple from the Bahamas now focus on yellow pepper farming in Rwanda
- 2022-01-20 "We can produce up to 2.5 times more from the same acreage"
- 2022-01-19 Crespo assures that greenhouse cultivation is the Circular Economy Law's 'greatest ally'
- 2022-01-19 Norway: New 15.000m2 farm to supply the country’s 5 biggest cities
- 2022-01-17 Status of Almeria's greenhouse crops
- 2022-01-17 CAN: Continuing farm expansion and accelerating industry growth through consulting
- 2022-01-13 US vertical farm secures $150 million credit facility
- 2022-01-10 Bulgaria sees vegetable prices going up
- 2022-01-10 Efficient, automated cultivation system
- 2022-01-10 Rolling out three new farms in the UK
- 2022-01-10 Veggiemight team elected 'fair play team' in the International Autonomous Greenhouse Challenge
- 2022-01-07 "I was amazed at the way greenhouses took advantage of the sun's natural energy to produce food without harming the planet"
- 2022-01-06 "Greenhouse sector always on the lookout for alternatives to chemical crop protection"
- 2022-01-06 Singapore: Two news farms on their way, one fully powered by solar
- 2022-01-03 Hokkaido mangoes, grown with hot spring heat, debut overseas
- 2021-12-24 Finland: 11.000m2 hybrid vertical farm constructed near Helsinki
- 2021-12-24 "Retractable roof greenhouse ideal for tropical climates"
- 2021-12-22 New greenhouse to bring strawberries and tomatoes to Albertans