- Sales and Trading
- Grower and Project Planner Vertical Farming - Aarhus - Denmark
- Offre d’emploi de Responsable Commercial Senior Sales Manager
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America, Argentina, Ecuador, Columbia
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Key Account / Sales manager Fruit - DACH
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
Top 5 -yesterday
- Turning to charter vessels to move Chilean blueberries
- Kenyan horticulture regulator extends avocado export ban indefinitely
- "Spanish raspberry cultivation increasingly moving to Morocco"
- Cherry breeding in Africa provides opportunities to meet growing demand
- "The growth of the blueberry industry in Northland was eventually going to be stifled by a lack of post-harvest providers"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
US (CA): Spring strawberry crop could be reduced by groundwater squeeze
The county's Farm Bureau expects to see a reduction on the order of between 1,500 and 2,000 acres due to a number of factors, including the drought's impact on water for irrigation, said CEO John Krist.
Irrigating crops in Ventura County relies almost entirely on well water.
"Because of the drought, we've been pumping the daylights out of those aquifers," Krist said. "And that's caused water levels to fall."
For more than half a century, there has been a system for using surface water to replenish much of the region's groundwater as it is withdrawn. But the drought has dramatically reduced the amount of surface water available to do so.
"Groundwater is at its lowest level in 25 years," said Anthony Emmert, assistant general manager of the United Water Conservation District, which is the entity responsible for replenishing the groundwater in much of the county's agricultural zone.
Click here for the complete article at nbcloasangeles.com
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-25 Turning to charter vessels to move Chilean blueberries
- 2022-01-25 Cherry breeding in Africa provides opportunities to meet growing demand
- 2022-01-25 Berry grower introduces hydroponic tabletop strawberry line
- 2022-01-25 Could Eastern apple growers see opportunity in 2022?
- 2022-01-25 Campaign asks people to ‘Pick Nelson Tasman’ again
- 2022-01-25 APHIS revises requirements for fresh plum fruit from Chile into the United States
- 2022-01-25 "We have shipped about 9% less fruit compared to last year"
- 2022-01-25 Rare trollinger grapes found on Central Otago vineyard
- 2022-01-25 "Spanish raspberry cultivation increasingly moving to Morocco"
- 2022-01-25 Government empowers grape growers to establish processing factories
- 2022-01-25 Table grape production Uzbekistan up 12% in 2021
- 2022-01-25 "The growth of the blueberry industry in Northland was eventually going to be stifled by a lack of post-harvest providers"
- 2022-01-24 It is expected that China's imported fruit volume will remain stable and slightly decrease in 2022
- 2022-01-24 Market analysis of Chinese apple import and export in December 2021
- 2022-01-24 "Cherry supply season reached its peak, but backlogs in Chinese ports are slowing down product movement"
- 2022-01-24 Decreasing apple output worries Kullu Valley growers
- 2022-01-24 A new high-quality strawberry from Sicily
- 2022-01-24 'At-home dining will probably increase compared to pre-pandemic levels'
- 2022-01-24 Romantic heart-shaped packaging filled with sweet strawberries
- 2022-01-24 Week 2: Chile recorded an export of 7,605 tons of fresh blueberries