- Procurement & Sales Manager, Potato Division - Lobinstown, Co. Meath, Ireland
- European regional agent and new sales manager
- Head Grower - Owatonna (Minnesota) USA
- Teeltspecialist (Proeftuin & Veredeling) - Hendrik-Ido-Ambacht, Netherlands
- Farm Manager - Riana, Tasmania, Australia
- Industry Development Manager - Rocklea, Australia
- Sales Manager
- Commercial Manager | Huelva, Spain | Soft Fruits
- Farm manager / Senior grower seeking for his next role
- Fruit Export Junior Sales Manager (Europe Division)
Top 5 -yesterday
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL ORANGE MARKET
- Corona-update: IRU speaks of 'alarming gap in global response to COVID-19'
- Limpopo citrus grower-exporter started Covid-19 prep three weeks ago
- "Sales of fruit and vegetables down 60%"
- "We’re selling half of our produce at cost price, to help people in these difficult times"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Extend shipping distances for perishables
The innovative XtendFRESH system uses a patented, self-regenerating activated-carbon scrubber assembly to actively control oxygen (O2) and carbon dioxide (CO2) and remove ethylene, a hormone given off by ripening produce that will accelerate ripening if left unchecked. As O2 is consumed by ripening produce, automated, on-demand fresh-air ventilation helps maintain the optimum O2 level for the specific cargo inside. No other product integral to the container actively manages CO2 and O2 and removes ethylene.
The process is demonstrated in Carrier Transicold’s new XtendFRESH video, which is viewable on Carrier Transicold’s website at www.carrier.com/XtendFRESH and also is available with French, Portuguese, Spanish and simplified Chinese subtitles.
“This video shows the ingenious engineering that enables the XtendFRESH system to achieve some remarkable results,” said Edward Goh, director of marketing, Global Container Refrigeration, Carrier Transicold. “By slowing ripening, the XtendFRESH system significantly lengthens the amount of time produce can spend in transit, helping exporters reach new markets through extended shipping distances.”
With the XtendFRESH system, O2 and CO2 levels can be independently set to provide ideal results for a given commodity. The system’s ability to remove ethylene, while precisely managing O2 and CO2, is key to its performance and distinguishes it from other products for container atmosphere control.
By helping to prevent premature ripening, the XtendFRESH system aids in maintaining optimum quality of delivered produce and reducing spoilage. The XtendFRESH system is designed to be more affordable than Carrier’s prior atmosphere control solutions and relatively easy to install on existing equipment.
The XtendFRESH system can satisfy atmosphere-control needs for the majority of perishable items shipped today, including bananas, avocados, mangos, pineapples, cantaloupe, kiwifruit, peaches, plums, apples and pears, to name a few.
With the commercial release of XtendFRESH, the system is now available for retrofit on existing equipment, or as an option with new equipment purchases. A special XtendFRESH provision is also available for new units, making it easier to upgrade them with the XtendFRESH system at a later date.
For more information about the XtendFRESH system, turn to the experts at Carrier Transicold or visit www.carrier.com/container.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2014-07-31 Extend shipping distances for perishables
- 2014-07-30 Philippine Ports Authority plans to privatize 3 ports in Mindanao
- 2014-07-30 Maersk unveils low-sulphur surcharge, but customers of other carriers must wait
- 2014-07-30 Port of Antwerp handled up to 98,229,046 tonnes in H1 2014
- 2014-07-29 Qatar Air aims to be among top five cargo operators
- 2014-07-29 "Limited availability of reefers will lead to greater shortage of equipment"
- 2014-07-28 Israel: “Beauty of vegetables” opens new logistics centre
- 2014-07-28 New route for South American citrus, grapes and blueberries to the U.S.
- 2014-07-28 Chile's CCNI and Hamburg Sud ink preliminary merger deal
- 2014-07-25 CEO at Easyfresh and expert in global reefer logistics
- 2014-07-24 Ability to scan cargo on moving trains with no loss of security
- 2014-07-23 Peru: Ecuador's restrictions affect exporters
- 2014-07-22 Tilbury wins CMA CGM North Europe-Med service to meet demand
- 2014-07-22 New freight train from China through 5 countries in Central Asia
- 2014-07-21 Affordable cold chain solutions to protect valuable assets
- 2014-07-21 Triple-E ships boost Maersk’s Asia–North Europe capacity by 15%
- 2014-07-21 Oman International Container Terminal enhances capabilities at Sohar Port
- 2014-07-18 Maersk Line: Additional ECA surcharge will be $50 to $150 per FEU
- 2014-07-17 Building a fresh-produce gateway through South Florida ports
- 2014-07-16 ‘Erratic’ rate increase attempts not understood, taken seriously by shippers