- Account Manager
- Lead IoT Engineer - KAUST near Thuwal, Saudi Arabia
- Quality Assurance System Manager
- Junior Quality Control Technician
- Regional Sales Manager - Root, Switzerland
- Horticulture Specialist - Guelph (Ontario) Canada
- Technical Director - Brussels, Belgium
- Senior Maintenance Engineer - USA East coast greenhouse facility, location negotiable
- Greenhouse Assistant - Abbotsford (BC) Canada
- Technical Service Manager - remote, US based
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Germans harvest almost 40% more cherries than last year
The cultivation of sweet cherries increased by approximately 5,200, taking up most of the 7,400 hectares. Baden-Württemberg is by far the main crop area with 2,000 hectares of sweet cherries, Niedersachsen follows with 500 hectares.
In 2013 Germany harvested sour cherries on approximately 2,200 hectares. The biggest cultivation areas were in Rheinland-Pfalz (more than 600 hectares) and Sachsen (more than 500 hectares)
Right now the the cherry harvest is in full swing. Fruit growers are counting on a good harvest year: due to the mild and dry spring an estimated 51,900 tons of cherries are expected. This is 38 percent more than the previous season. The 2013 harvest produced only 37,523 tons due to poor weather conditions. The harvesting period for cherries usually runs from June to August.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2014-07-31 Spain: Calanda peaches could reach record harvest
- 2014-07-30 Argentina: Cherry production increases in the valleys
- 2014-07-29 Germans harvest almost 40% more cherries than last year
- 2014-07-28 Dutch greenhouse cherries: quality can take on competition of outdoor cultivation
- 2014-07-25 Germany expects rebound on cherry production
- 2014-07-24 Spain: Murcia's peach harvest 30% greater this year
- 2014-07-23 Germany: decreasing apricot prices
- 2014-07-22 Stonefruit hard work for Washington growers
- 2014-07-21 Swiss apricot season to be ''exceptional''
- 2014-07-18 Spain: FEPEX seeking European-wide solutions to falling stonefruit prices
- 2014-07-17 Turkey takes Greece’s place as China’s cherry supplier
- 2014-07-16 Brazilian scientists develop new sweet cherry variety
- 2014-07-16 Afrucat: Attacks in Perpignan were tantrums of Gallic sector because of difference in quality
- 2014-07-15 Greece: Peach oversupply driving prices down
- 2014-07-14 Spain: Catalan cooperatives confirm good performance of stonefruit exports
- 2014-07-11 New harvest of pluots gains ground on popularity
- 2014-07-11 New REGAL'IN™ season started
- 2014-07-10 Russian market interesting for Spanish stonefruit in coming weeks
- 2014-07-09 "The best apricots come from France"
- 2014-07-08 "Increasing preference for domestic cherries in Dutch retail"