- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Senior Commercial Manager
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
- Packaging Supervisor
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- How a safari camp in the heart of Kenya’s Masai Mara is harvesting 200kg monthly
- A very crowded European avocado market
- "We have lost 80% of our stone fruit production this year"
- "The soil of Zimbabwe seems to be magical for blueberries”
- San Miguel sells fresh fruit operations in Peru and South Africa to Citri&Co
Bayer CropScience seeking entries
Fourth annual 2014 Young Farmer Sustainability Award
Any farmer or rancher age 40 and under who receives at least half of his or her income from farming and farm-related ventures is eligible. To apply, he or she must submit a completed entry form, responses to essay questions and a letter of reference from an accountant, banker, input dealer/representative or agribusiness leader.
A panel of industry experts will select a winner in early February 2014. The winner will be announced at Bayer's ninth annual Ag Issues Forum Feb. 25-26, just prior to the 2014 Commodity Classic in San Antonio.
Entrants are judged on entrepreneurial initiative and new approaches to farming (50%), environmental and other on-farm sustainability efforts (30%), and economic stability and sustainability (20%). The winning entrant will receive an iPad (fourth generation), all-expense paid trip to the 2014 Ag Issues Forum and Commodity Classic, and a scholarship to a Farm Journal learning event.
"Young men and women across the United States are tackling agriculture challenges with innovative, sustainable solutions," said Jim Blome, president and CEO of Bayer CropScience North America. "The Young Farmer Sustainability Award recognizes and supports our next generation of growers - a generation that is critical to meet the demands of a growing population."
Click here to apply for the Bayer4CropsUS Young Farmer Sustainability Award.
For more information:
Tel: +1 (919) 549-2030
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-28 Protests force South Africa's Eskom to extend power cuts
- 2022-06-28 ACBD+ innovates in the design of padding and microorganisms for Murcia's agriculture
- 2022-06-28 Ireland: Six fruit factory workers sentenced for money laundering
- 2022-06-27 Indian rupee plunges against dollar
- 2022-06-23 Experts fear new spread of spotted lanternfly throughout US
- 2022-06-23 Biosecurity again tops NZ business priority list
- 2022-06-23 Russian ruble rises to seven-year high
- 2022-06-22 Casino Group: Cameras to avoid shortage of fruit and vegetables on the shelves
- 2022-06-22 Court case addresses millions worth of cocaine, heroin and cannabis in fruit and veg shipments
- 2022-06-21 EHI study on consumer behavior: "High morals wither at the cash register"
- 2022-06-17 Farmers welcome government program extension
- 2022-06-16 Portugal urged to do more against human trafficking of agri laborers
- 2022-06-16 European Commission launches infringement proceedings against UK
- 2022-06-10 Paul Allen’s Institute aids South Africa in combating locust swarms
- 2022-06-10 Agri SA calls for investigation into non-payment of locust officers
- 2022-06-09 Egyptian currency reaches five-year low of 18.71 to US dollar
- 2022-06-09 Swegreen launches an in-store farm in Stockholm
- 2022-06-03 Canada: Combining vertical with hybrid solutions to 'serve the underserved'
- 2022-06-03 ‘Complete nonsense’: Asda boss mocks post-Brexit plan to return to imperial measures
- 2022-06-03 Lainco starts trials with Sensatio®, a solution against Xylella fastidiosa in Mallorca