- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Senior Commercial Manager
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
- Packaging Supervisor
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- How a safari camp in the heart of Kenya’s Masai Mara is harvesting 200kg monthly
- A very crowded European avocado market
- "We have lost 80% of our stone fruit production this year"
- "The soil of Zimbabwe seems to be magical for blueberries”
- San Miguel sells fresh fruit operations in Peru and South Africa to Citri&Co
Andaltec seeks to develop innovative food packaging
Thus, the center based in Martos (Jaén) is promoting a line of action that started years ago, which has led them to work on the development of innovative packaging.
Andaltec technicians have been working to extend the life of the products without using additives that could contaminate them by improving the plastics used to contain the food. The benefits of the innovative packaging that the Plastics Technology Center is developing are numerous. They provide a greater security to the consumer because the food stays fresh longer and in better condition. Food companies are able to reduce the cost of production of their packaging and lengthen the time that their products can be on the market.
The director of Andaltec’s R&D Projects, Daniel Aguilera, recalled that there are more and more firms operating in the food sector that prefer to wrap their products in plastic. "Plastic is a material that has many advantages for the food sector and we are working closely with several Andalusian companies so that their packaging is much more than a container for their product. We want to provide them with innovative properties that would add value for the consumer," he says.
Andaltec is a technology center created in 2005, financed by thirty patrons among which there are important companies in the plastics sector and public and financial institutions. The goal of the Plastic Technology Centre, which has a staff of nearly one hundred professionals, is to help companies to improve their competitiveness and productivity in a sustainable way by adding value to their product through innovation. The center has a spacious and modern headquarters in Martos (Jaén ) , which has the latest technology in software and laboratories to develop R + D + i .
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-28 "Our sector must be ready for the impending plastic to cardboard switch"
- 2022-06-28 British mushroom company uses mycelium to replace plastic packaging
- 2022-06-22 Tessara’s Berrisys Fast is quick to unlock the potential of raspberries and blackberries
- 2022-06-21 Packaging with new unconventional materials
- 2022-06-21 Low-cost sustainable food packaging keeps avocados fresh for longer
- 2022-06-17 New packaging law in Spain could have an impact on food waste and even fruit consumption
- 2022-06-17 Crispy Fruit updated packaging provides more fruit and less waste
- 2022-06-15 Smurfit Kappa invests over USD23 million in a more sustainable future in Mexico
- 2022-06-15 New packhouse shows confidence
- 2022-06-15 Post-harvest technologies applied in packaging for storage and transport produce on display at HORTITEC 2022
- 2022-06-14 Norway defends decision to label Israeli products from Judea and Samaria
- 2022-06-13 Produce coatings part of minimizing plastic in produce’s future
- 2022-06-13 India: Apple packaging material set go up in price
- 2022-06-10 Eco-label could potentially mislead shoppers
- 2022-06-08 Eko Agro Biotech uses mushroom farming waste as alternative to styrofoam
- 2022-06-08 Greenhouse cucumbers, but hold the single-use plastic
- 2022-06-08 European produce packaging is ripe for innovation
- 2022-06-07 New York importer redesigns its branded citrus line
- 2022-06-06 Hazel Tech forms strategic partnership with produce packaging distributor
- 2022-06-03 Millions of boxes have been distributed throughout the Australian supply chain and export markets